PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Media Player w/ Podcast support.

luciusad2004
11-24-2007, 12:09 AM
Anybody know any good music software with podcast support?

At the moment the options in front of me seem to be

Itunes
Winamp
Zune Software

Anybody have any better recomendations?

Thanks for any advice.

OvRiDe
11-24-2007, 04:29 AM
I think we need some more specifics. Pretty much any media player will play a podcast. Are you looking for something where you can subscribe to podcasts, and have them automatically download? Or maybe something that just has a list of podcasts that you can download from?

Maybe something here can help.. http://www.podcastingnews.com/topics/Podcast_Software.html

luciusad2004
11-24-2007, 12:44 PM
I'm looking for something that can subscribe to the podcast and then go out and download it for me. I'm just to lazy to download them myself.

I would prefer if it was built in to a music suit but now that i think about it, it really doesn't matter as if all it did was download for me then i could just play them in any program i want.

Also, a list of available podcasts would be nice but its definitely not necessary as at the moment i have only found one podcast i listen to.

Thanks

calumc
11-24-2007, 04:03 PM
Just get itunes. You may not be allowed to use it for the production of weapons of mass destruction but it will do what you want.

And for anyone that didnt get the bit about the WMDs its part of the EULA for iTunes

luciusad2004
11-24-2007, 04:23 PM
Just get itunes. You may not be allowed to use it for the production of weapons of mass destruction but it will do what you want.

And for anyone that didnt get the bit about the WMDs its part of the EULA for iTunes

Is it fair use if i only use them for self defense?

I guess i shall download itunes again. I was trying to avoid it because everyone is always saying how bad it is. Is the playback bad or is it just the way itunes encodes stuff? I honestly don't mind the interface, its quite easy to use. Oh well. I don't know why I'm always so worried about the software I'm using not being "good enough" when i probably couldn't tell the difference between itunes and any other program.

Thanks

.Maleficus.
11-26-2007, 08:44 AM
I just thought I'd add that the Zune software is very good for Podcasts. I've never been into Podcasts, but since the new UI and software has that ability, I went to the Zune Marketplace, searched for "x-play", found the X-Play Daily Review Video Podcast, and subscribed. Now, it's automatically downloading them daily. Pretty sweet :up:.

luciusad2004
11-26-2007, 09:39 AM
I just thought I'd add that the Zune software is very good for Podcasts. I've never been into Podcasts, but since the new UI and software has that ability, I went to the Zune Marketplace, searched for "x-play", found the X-Play Daily Review Video Podcast, and subscribed. Now, it's automatically downloading them daily. Pretty sweet :up:.

Really? I may give that a shot then... I was thinking about installing the zune software earlier because i was kinda considering a zune. It also streams to my xbox 360, anything that interacts with my xbox is good. I tried it out on my parents pc and my only complaint is that its maybe toooo simple. They tried to compete with itunes and its simplicity but took it a lil far.

luciusad2004
11-28-2007, 11:52 PM
Looks like Microsoft chose for me :(

I finally got the zune software up and running, I start her up and this is what i get.

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k314/luciusad2004/screenshots/zune.jpg

I'm sure its probably something to do with my computer because i have the zune software running fine on my parents PC. I don't know whats wrong with it, but im probably going to just install itunes. It's a shame that this software wont work for me... I actually wanted a zune.