PDA

View Full Version : Bad LUCK with Asus P4P800-MX

CJ-CWC
03-27-2005, 03:12 AM
About 4 months ago I upgraded one of my numerous none gaming PC’s with the ASUS P4P800-MX.

I instantly had problems with it upon connection of any USB device mouse, printer, camera, etc.... Long story short it has driven me crazy enough that I have returned the motherboard 3 different times for different but the same model of motherboard to only have the exact same problem. I know for a fact it not driver related but rather a hardware problem and every device that was tested on this particular MOBO has worked great on all of my other PC’s

Has anybody else experienced this it seems there is a bug in the design or possibly in the lot P4P800-MX motherboards produced by ASUS.....

Frakk
03-27-2005, 11:12 AM
Did you try to configure your bios settings? I have an MSI and I have the options to configure all my ports, serial, parallel, usb and all that. give it a try. There should be a setting allowing usb mouse and keyboard too.

CJ-CWC
03-27-2005, 03:52 PM
Did you try to configure your bios settings? I have an MSI and I have the options to configure all my ports, serial, parallel, usb and all that. give it a try. There should be a setting allowing usb mouse and keyboard too.

Yep I have meticulously gone through all bios settings and windows Driver settings; it is all configured correctly for USB devices.

Everything is set correctly, to be honest I gave up on this particular ASUS MOBO. I opted for a cheap ABIT board that actually had more features and worked without error.

I think my next step will be to contact ASUS and talk to them, I had a co-worker experience a very similar issue as his PC worked without flaw for over 4 months and one day he decided to plug in a USB camera that worked perfectly fine on his laptop and when plugged into his ASUS MOBO the entire system froze and forced reboot, then the screen was black.... turned out the South Bridge was fried... when shipped back to ASUS the South Bridge was replaced with a new version but same family.

Frakk
03-27-2005, 05:39 PM
see if they can refound or send you a different model. If it was my 4th mobo fail on me I would switch manufacturers.

wykedness
06-24-2006, 09:38 PM
I have the exact same problem. With XP Pro. My USB ports work 50% of the time and when they eventually work i get the "HIGH SPEED USB not regognized" message. Informing me to install a USB 2.0 host controller because there is currently only installed a 1.1 controller. Obviously there is suppose to be one onboard. I upgraded BIOS I reinstalled all windows/system32 drivers related to the usbports. This board blows! I'm probably gunna take it back on monday. Good thing i kept the reciept.