PDA

View Full Version : I Need Ideas Plz

SpeeDz0r
08-24-2005, 10:40 AM
hiya lads,

im new to the modding scene, im 16... been making things for years from sheds, to fencing, to bikes little bit of plumbing but now wanna try a bit of case modding, the problem is i have no ideas here is my case what i have had since bout 2002 now which needs desperate modding

http://www.ac-clan.co.uk/comp1.JPG

http://www.ac-clan.co.uk/comp2.JPG

i got some nice hardware in it, but the computer looks a bit out of date and needs styling up. i need a couple of ideas please. To help you ill tell u what im in to... Well im from the UK n very proud.. i go boxin 4 times a week. I like football (soccer) my music is rap n rnb. I like motorbikes n stuff like that and i play online gaming i play counterstrike source and soldier of fortune 1.

Well i would be very gratful for ideas or even a basic picture diagram.. i dont wanna copy off everyone elses ideas but im limited on tools n equipment atm...

THNX

crazybillybob
08-24-2005, 01:27 PM
The 5 sec quicky Ideas......Stealth the drives....If your going to leave it in that desk you'll never see the side so a window's worthless. Change up the colors on front (If you like the blue Make it all blue with a lime green or red accent (that indented channel in the front is perfect for accent))
Fill in the second Floppy (shave it or replace with a LCD screen).... For some lighting....widen the split in the front of the case and lay in some el wire...or some blue leds under the unit.......That's the 5 sec easy first mod Ideas (with limited tools!)

Good luck,
make sure you look around here (WORKLOGS) it will give you loads more Ideas. Don't copy a whole case but find little things from others that you like and mimic them and a twist of your own style and your home free.... #1 rule never be afraid to try! you can always glue it back together and smoothed with bondo!

Crazybillybob

slaveofconvention
08-24-2005, 01:47 PM
First thing I'd suggest is, if it's your only computer, you MIGHT want to have a little practice on something else first - try your local independent computer shops - chances are one of them will have an old, damaged or incomplete case they'll let you have for next to nothing - then you can get a little experience on how different material react to different things - speeds for cutting etc - cut plastic too slowly, for example, and it can chip or in worst cases shatter completely - go too fast and you can cause damage around the cut because of the heat - who knows - you might end up with a spare case which you've modded 7 bells out of and think "I'll keep it" and just swap all your internals over from the pc you have now. Most good mods take quite some time to do, and you don't want to be cutting up a case full of components, or be without your computer too long....

SpeeDz0r
08-26-2005, 04:31 PM
thanks for ur help.. i need a new proccessor for that computer now.. the pins on the proccossor was squashed n snaped when my uncle tried to clean it... tbh i tihink its a good thing cause im getting a better processor.. im on my laptop atm. nice ideas and thank you for your help/ support i will look into more like you guys said

SpeeDz0r
08-27-2005, 08:15 AM
yo guys ive not modded my computer yet.. but ive had a mess about on photoshop last night when the gray twins was on... here is a picture http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/1012/comp12tt.th.gif (http://img367.imageshack.us/my.php?image=comp12tt.gif)

doesnt look amazing but ideas is still needed :D

Chapel
08-27-2005, 06:39 PM
I like it man, but maybe you should try to stencil something into the blankspot on your case front, or add a fan! good luck man.

public_eyesore
08-28-2005, 01:33 AM
i agree with the stencil idea going around the bottom right cornor.

purerockfury
09-07-2005, 07:39 PM
not sure of what you can and can't do money and skill wise. but, i took the liberty of destroying your pic (sorry i should have asked permission first) if it's a problem say so and have my post erased. i've already erased the file from my comp i just have it still on the web. anyway here is my idea:

my idea is to have acrylic or something similar inplace of the curved line just above the usb ports (yellow). you can use yellow or whatever colour lighting behind it or just paint it a colour of your choice. and than paint the roms to match. also in the blank area why not a fan? lighted of course. or some lines cut out a few mm wide and than lighted from behind. there's a lot i've been coming up with but, it depends on as i've said before money and skills.

http://home.ripway.com/2005-9/417165/comp1.jpg

Aero
09-07-2005, 08:54 PM
1) Stealth the drive bays. Easy and cheap.
2) Then get some mesh and place it in the area along the curve, what purerockfury colored yellow. Light it up with some green CCFL's
3)Get some plexi, smoke colored, cover the whole font of the case with it and plaint the rest of the case black.

That just what I would do:p.

Rankenphile
09-07-2005, 11:09 PM
LOL, I just tried Photoshopping an idea for you in a hurry, and it came out terrible.

And that's what I do for a LIVING!

My idea, basically, is to base it on something you enjoy outside of computing - go with a theme. You said you liked football (soccer to us unwashed barbarians across the pond), base it on a soccer ball. I would paint the blue area green, like very dark green at the bottom fading to light at the top. Paint the rest white with black "soccer ball" pentagons and such on them, with pinstriping connecting them in a pattern similar to the soccer ball. A couple large ones on the front extending beyond the edges would look nice. Connect them to the cut shapes on the side, and you're set.