PDA

View Full Version : Materials to stay away from?

chrisinbeav
08-24-2005, 03:50 PM
Just curious...

I'm in the process of planning out my "real" case mod and wondering what materials I can use what what I shouldn't use.

So in a different thread I found a list that shows what I could use. Any ideas as to what I shouldn't use? (specific woods, plastics, adhesives, etc...)

Chris Nilluka

Aero
08-24-2005, 05:39 PM
most living creatures.

Really just consider Air flow, temperature, appearence and maybe price. Then choose whats is suitable. Anything can realy be used, can't think of anything that shouldn't...feces, but thats it I think.

wow, a google image search for "feces" is disturbing.

Dark-hobo
08-24-2005, 05:45 PM
most living creatures.

Really just consider Air flow, temperature, appearence and maybe price. Then choose whats is suitable. Anything can realy be used, can't think of anything that shouldn't...feces, but thats it I think.

wow, a google image search for "feces" is disturbing.
Lol, you expected otherwise?

Malatory
08-25-2005, 08:58 AM
you searched for it ... man there is something wrong with you.

Aero
08-25-2005, 04:13 PM
at first I misspelled it, I spelled "fecies" so I typed it into goole, got the correct spelling and was like "I wonder what is under Images....oh god..."

MisterChief
08-25-2005, 08:19 PM
at first I misspelled it, I spelled "fecies" so I typed it into goole, got the correct spelling and was like "I wonder what is under Images....oh god..."

Disturbing...

Bum
08-26-2005, 09:36 AM
I'd think that you only need to apply commonsense to your material choice. If its on the outside, pretty much anything goes as long as there isn't a likelyhood that it will get in the case. On the inside, stay away from things that don't mix well with electronics. Things that may create dust or release water as they age or melt at slightly higher than room temperature. Of course many people put an entire fishtank circulation system inside their computer so it all depends how much risk you like.

[DGN]Nexus
08-26-2005, 01:27 PM
try it. It'l probaly come up with some goatse!