PDA

View Full Version : EA Product Replacement

Computer-Geek
12-05-2007, 06:33 AM
Has anyone used this before ? My bf2 cd's are messed up & it won't let me install it.

Quoted from EA's Site:

Product Replacement:
If you meet one of the following criteria, you can send your product along with a nominal fee to Electronic Arts for a replacement product.

The product is 90 days past the purchase date
The product has been scratched, broken, or has been damaged in another fashion

Replacement Costs:

PC-CD products: $13.00 USDWhat do I need to send them ? Just the cd's or do i need to include the manual and case? Also is it 13.00 for every single game I send them? What if I sent them both in the same box?

xRyokenx
12-05-2007, 11:35 AM
Well, BF2 is $10 now so you could just go pick up another copy cheaper, lol... and not wait for so long.

I think it's for every game. I would also assume that you'd have to send the whole thing in.

And what kind of policy is that? Cheap morons, lol.

Airbozo
12-05-2007, 01:05 PM
Do you have any other games installed? Such as Bioshock or Crysis?

Once I installed Bioshock, nothing else would install using that DVD drive. Constant read errors. Had the same problem after installing Crysis. Had to replace my DVD drive twice... Stupid securom.

Try the disc's on another system to be sure otherwise xRyokenx's idea is best _and_ you will now have 2 licenses...

xRyokenx
12-05-2007, 01:58 PM
I really do miss the days when they didn't have Nazi-esque antipiracy software on everything. You now have to spend $50 per person at LAN parties and all even if everyone's in the same family, lol. Ahh well. /rant /OT

But yeah, 2 licenses would be awesome for that. One would wonder why they still make you have the disc in the drive even though they have all that other security bullcrap too... :think:

Airbozo
12-05-2007, 04:08 PM
Ahh the days of Delta Force. To host your own "personal" lan party, you only needed one disc total. If the disc is not in the computer, you can only run multiplayer on a local network. The server had to have the disc.

xRyokenx
12-05-2007, 04:57 PM
Or WC2 or SC... hell, even Total Annihilation. ANYTHING back before 2000... except Oblivion. I found it has no copy protection, lol. No, I'm not pirating it. I hate that mess... it just asks for viruses... or to be sent to court. Delta Force 2 was the "shiz" over the LAN though. Co-op missions ftw!

Airbozo
12-06-2007, 12:21 PM
Are you talking about Delta Force eXtreme? I still play that game quite alot. Co-op is the best! With a good group of friends on Team Speak, you can roll through maps like crazy, having tons of fun. I wish more online fps's had co-op play.

BTW, I was at Fry's yesterday spec'ing out a system for the F-I-L and noticed they still have the pre-release version of MOH-airborne for $5 which comes with BF2. Basically BF2 for $5 AND they have just BF2 for $10 sitting right next to it.

xRyokenx
12-06-2007, 12:52 PM
Just DF2... we also played Land Warrior and Task Force Dagger. Fun games.

Computer-Geek
12-12-2007, 06:21 PM
Well I'm back lol & nope no new games installed since it was a fresh install of windows xp pro. I might just pick up a new copy but before that I will see if it works.