PDA

View Full Version : From the Depths of Silence....I'm back with a problem...

jaxspades
12-06-2007, 04:44 AM
Well, it's been a while, what with school, life-changing decisions and my ever fluctuating WoW addiction....

My problem is that in the last 2-3 weeks, my screen has gone static twice. It has white, pink and blue lines as the 'snow' on my screen. Both times, I've had to reboot my laptop.

Both Asus Live Update and Vista say that the drivers are up to date, and I have to say that this hasn't happened before 2 weeks ago.

So, I was wondering if anyone knows what this means?

Is it Vista problems, spyware (scanned for spyware and viruses, nothing came up...), or maybe an over-heating issue (since it is a laptop and all...)?

Thanks for the help,
Jax

P.S. Crim, I love the new site so far, looks very nice...kudos to you and all who were involved with it.

dexaroni
12-06-2007, 08:10 AM
Sounds like definite overheating issues. If it is a laptop and you are gaming on it, then it will be prone to overheating. Make sure that you are using it on a hard surface and letting it breathe.

I work for HP laptop tech support, so if you have any questions feel free to PM me and I can help out out as much as possible.

Dex

Luke122
12-06-2007, 12:55 PM
I'd definitely suspect overheating also.

Make sure you elevate the laptop slightly from whatever surface its on.. I use either a book, or a couple pens (one under each side) to make sure there is airflow under the laptop.

Shut it down, and use a can of compressed air for a quick shot into the intake for the fan (not too long, dont overspin the fan!), and that usually helps a bunch too. :)

jaxspades
12-06-2007, 05:17 PM
Thanks, I'll see how this works....

Hopefully that is the only problem.

Thanks again!

Jax