PDA

View Full Version : Blue Screen

B1Gtime
12-08-2007, 07:18 PM
Well i just got the blue screen. The computer worked this morning and now when i went to turn it on later on the blue screen came up. I got this once before(beging of summer) and tried restarting my pc and didnt work so it went to the shop and ended up paying $150 for repairs. But this time i was able to get windows back on when restarted. The blue screen sais windows hut down....to prevent failures or something. And the blue screen also had something about physical memory. So when i get windows on i get this error saying The intruction at 0x6d62c5d5 refrenced memory at 0x6d62c5d5, the required data was not placed into memory because of I/O error status of 0xc00000b5. Any clue what this is? Im leaving my pc on until i get a clue becuase i dont want to mess.

I dont know if this i related to it but my pc been saying i think it said Physical Memory to low or something like that.

thx.

B1Gtime
12-09-2007, 11:59 AM
It happen 2 more times after the first time when the pc was on. the pc just locks up and the blue screen comes up. And the blue screen always says something about physical memory. Im on my moms labtop now.

slytherock
12-09-2007, 12:37 PM
BSDs are caused by a number of things. Hardware and software issues are both suspects-what does the dump say at the begining, before the "Dump of physical memory" part? It should give you some sort of error code.
Edit, sorry, I just saw your first post
I'll do a little research...

slytherock
12-09-2007, 01:03 PM
Have you installed new Hardware lately?
New Software?
Drivers?

B1Gtime
12-09-2007, 03:26 PM
i havent intalled new hardware or software. I did intall the latest drivers for my nVIDIA GeForce 7900GTX tho, around thanksgving or so.

Posted on another website/forums: Some one had the same probelm and the one guy answered "You have an NVidia driver issue". and some one else said bad memory sticks, idk.

calumc
12-09-2007, 04:11 PM
check if nvida has new drivers out, if they do install them

B1Gtime
12-09-2007, 04:17 PM
they dont have new drivers, just checked

slytherock
12-09-2007, 04:59 PM
Rollback them. I have a feeling the new ones hurt your system

B1Gtime
12-09-2007, 05:03 PM
how do u rollback them?

slytherock
12-09-2007, 05:39 PM
Uninstall using Driver cleaner (I don't have time to google, but it's easy to find) then install the drivers you want to install. Nvidia have a previous drivers section

B1Gtime
12-09-2007, 06:03 PM
i found the driver cleaner, and was thinking any way i can just system resore back to the beginging of november?

cant find anything about nvidia in dropdown menu of driver cleaner, all it is is coming up with ATI and others

here is the driver cleaner: http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=745#download

it wants me to do this:
nVidia:
1. Unplug nic card or modem from net or disconnect
2. Remove nvidia from add/remove programs
3. Reboot into safe mode (F8 during boot up)
4. On reboot into safe mode WinXP SP1/SP2 will auto detect and install drivers. Just let it do its thing. If you can cancel out of the auto install hardware wizard then skip the rest and run Driver Cleaner! If you can NOT cancel out of auto detect wizard then...
5. Navigate to device manager->display adapters->highlight nVidia and click uninstall or remove but don't reboot
6. Disable any AntiVirus Software (If you don't disable is than it could give trouble)
7. Run Cab Cleaner (not needed, but recommended)
8. Run Driver Cleaner
9. Empty recycle bin and reboot
10. Install the new drivers

i dont know what file for driver cleaner(step8)
and how do i know when im in safe mode that they will auto detect and install(step 4)
^ im not doing this until i find out why theres no nvidia,im searching now.

is slytherock only one who knows about this stuff? thx slytherock for helping me get through this.

Im in device manager right now and i got that ! by:
-SCSI and RAID controllers
--! SCSI/RAID Host controller

^ idk if that could be it, is it??

billygoat333
12-10-2007, 12:42 AM
could be your ram... how much is in the lappy? also... how full is your hdd? i had my hard drive 90 somethin percent full and got the bsod all the time for lack of virtual memory.

Greco101
12-10-2007, 12:49 AM
The easiest way to roll back drivers is through "Device Manager."

Start>Right click on my computer>properties>hardware>device manager

Then expand the "display adapter" > right click on properties > drivers > roll back.

nil8
12-10-2007, 10:25 AM
I did a google search on your error code. The error seems to come from nvidia drivers not liking asus boards. Install the latest drivers for your motherboard & see if that fixes your problem.

Cannibal23
12-10-2007, 01:31 PM
if uninstalling or reinstalling fails to solve the issue there is some information in that blue screen that can tell us what kind of issue we are looking at. in there it will give a little bit of text near the top it will say something like

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUIL or PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

then near the bottom it will say

*** STOP: and some hex numbers here.

if you provide that it will make it easy to look up on the net

B1Gtime
12-11-2007, 06:37 PM
I rolled back my driver for the 7900gtx.
My HDD is : Used Space :18.1GB
Free Space: 51.6GB
And if it is a ram problem im getting 2GB G.SKill for this machine for christmas.

And ill see if i can get those hex numbers if this didnt work.

(and i still got that yellow circle and ! by SCSI/RAID Host controller, says driver is corrupt or missing)