PDA

View Full Version : another blue screen!

ghoul
12-10-2007, 11:42 PM
i know i had a post a bit back aobut a blue screen and you guys got me to fix that so thanks, and i couldnt find my thread so i thought id start a new one.

ok i really really really need help, cause i get up in the morning turn on my computer it starts but when im in windows i cant click on anything the mouse moves but nothing works so i restart it starts to load up then just as its aobut to get to windows it bsod's, and now it wont start again

the error message i get over and over everytime i try to turn it on (even in safe mode) is STOP: c0000221{Bad Image Checksum} the image olcaut32.dll is posibly corrupt the header checksum does not match the computed checksum.

thats all it says and i have no idea what to do its really pissing me off my computer it alwas acts up and its still newer.

i would really really really appricate help!!!!!, and ill give +rep.

SgtM
12-10-2007, 11:54 PM
I think it's time for a service (repair) install of XP.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314474

ghoul
12-11-2007, 01:11 AM
umm i know this sounds noob but how exactly do i do that?

do i need to format my harddrive frist, and do a fresh install?

or do i put the disk in and run a repair?

if i do need to format my hhd how can i do that ? cause as i stated i cant get into windows

SgtM
12-11-2007, 01:58 AM
Start up the PC. Insert the windows CD. It will boot into the text install menu, and you should have the option to repair the existing install. If you end up having to format, you can do that from the XP CD, or use dban (http://dban.sourceforge.net).

ghoul
12-11-2007, 03:21 AM
dam it asks for a admin password that i have no idea what it is.

should i just reformat?

SgtM
12-11-2007, 03:51 AM
dam it asks for a admin password that i have no idea what it is.

should i just reformat?

If you want. But, here's a link that might help you out.
http://www.petri.co.il/forgot_administrator_password.htm

Cannibal23
12-11-2007, 02:32 PM
its posable that this is being caused by a few other issues too. have you run chkdsk on that drive? any errors? if your finding lots of bad indexes and stuff then is probable that you have file system corruption or possibly a drive thats trying to go bad on you. if you do choose to reinstall windows and you suddenly find this kind of nonsens going on again check your event viewer - system log to see if you have a bunch of red x 's with the source being disk. if thats the case then it be time to get a new one.

if your going to do a repair there is 2 places where it will ask you for one. if you press r the first time it asks you about repairing it will limit you to using the recovery console wich is only usefull some times. if you wait and choose to repair it the seccond time it asks then it will basicly replace all the windows files only (leaves programs and user files alone) it looks like its going through the graphical installer again but its ok. this could solve a invidual file corruption issue.