PDA

View Full Version : Eclipse won't compile/run programs

.Maleficus.
12-11-2007, 07:39 AM
This is probably the wrong place to ask this, but I thought I'd try here first.

Yesterday I was working on some stuff in Eclipse and everything was fine. I went from working on one project fine, to working on nothing fast. After I closed the first project and started the second, clicking "Run" didn't do anything. No Exceptions, the code is fine... it just sat there. The only message I see is "<terminated, exit value: 0>C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_02\bin\javaw.exe (12/10/07)". I don't have any idea what that means :|. When I click "Debug" I get "<disconnected>Lesson2 at localhost:1233".

Any ideas?

NightrainSrt4
12-11-2007, 01:49 PM
Sorry dude, I don't think I can help you, as I don't know what Eclipse is. By the looks of it it looks like some sort of development environment for java?

Did you compile before you clicked run? Or maybe it does it for you when you click it. For java I do most all of my work from command line and notepad. Just easier for me than a development environment.

Sorry if I am way off, if I had experience with Eclipse then I could help you.

.Maleficus.
12-11-2007, 09:01 PM
"Run" is like the compile-and-run of Eclipse. And yes, it is a Java IDE :D.

I figured I wouldn't get much here, but I'd rather try here first than go straight to the Sun Forums (if anyone has been there before you'll know why)...

NightrainSrt4
12-11-2007, 10:26 PM
Ya the SUN forums might be a good place to ask around. Like I said I am not familiar with the IDE's. I like to have control over everything and don't like an all in one type package. If eclipse has a forum it might be good to check there as well. But the guys over at the SUN forums have usually been pretty knowledgeable.

.Maleficus.
12-12-2007, 07:42 AM
OMFG.

I figured out the problem. The program kept terminating because (in my code) I had never started it. The whole time it was because I forgot the line "app.start();".

Zephik
12-12-2007, 07:49 AM
OMFG.

I figured out the problem. The program kept terminating because (in my code) I had never started it. The whole time it was because I forgot the line "app.start();".

Lmao, oh man, thats embarrassing now isn't it!

Sometimes my brain forgets that start command. Like when eating something, I'll literally forget to chew and just go straight to swallow. Its really weird. I'll have to ask my brain if it keeps forgetting that line of code next time it happens. :p

.Maleficus.
12-12-2007, 07:58 AM
Lmao, oh man, thats embarrassing now isn't it!

Sometimes my brain forgets that start command. Like when eating something, I'll literally forget to chew and just go straight to swallow. Its really weird. I'll have to ask my brain if it keeps forgetting that line of code next time it happens. :p
Why yes, it is embarrasing :D:D. That's why I was so damn confused, like, I look and there are no squiggly lines indicating bad code, so I thought that wasn't the problem... But boy was I wrong :p.

Maybe I need to go back to bed :rolleyes:.

IndyRacer27
12-12-2007, 10:12 AM
Sometimes when I just can't figure out the problem with my coding, I walk away from it, or work on something else for a while. It's amazing how many times I've found the problem right away when I come back to it later.

BTW Happy Birthday