PDA

View Full Version : Black screen, blue screen, restarting! [Vista]

Scotty
12-11-2007, 05:23 PM
That happens within a second!

It appears to be happening with my tablet in Photoshop.

Photoshop either freezes, crashes or the screen just flashes up a BSOD, in milliseconds so i have NO chance of reading it, and then the PC reboots. Any one know a way of finding what that BSOD says that would help.

I ran a virus check, nothing, i ran spybot and cleaned all the crap it found. Did it again.

So i un-installed my tablet drivers, and will re-install them from Wacom's site.

But it's really strange if this doesn't fix it i need help i can't finish my final piece unless i do it on my laptop which looks like my last resort, otherwise ill be using the Daredevil i ahve already finished and not the new one.

Seriously Vista is a bitch, might get SP1 and see if that fixes any of the problems i get, if not ill send a e-mail to M$ tell em to get their fingers out from where the sun don't shine and sort it out :P I payed good hard cash for this and it's, useless.

EDIT:
New drivers installed.
Same thing
Restart
Paint with my mouse no tablet involved it's fine. Start painting with Tablet. Yup Blue screen restart.

WTF

Someone please help, this is a bitch, im going to post anywhere and everywhere now...

Then sue Wacom and Microsoft for helping me fail my project... ffs.

Scotty
12-12-2007, 01:21 PM
Bump.

Anyone?

Problem solved, someone over at Wacom suggested a plug-in, low and behold photoshop crashed but the PC didnt restart, i went into the event viewer as pointed out by a few other forums to see that one of the Multi-core plug-ins was doing it, removed that, it's all fine so far.

So it appears Photoshop could have issues with Quad cores if that particular plug-in is enabled =|

crenn
12-12-2007, 11:33 PM
The plugin may be for Windows XP which handles multiple cores differently than Vista.

Spawn-Inc
12-13-2007, 12:01 AM
good to hear tis fixed but as for seeing the codei would just pull out my trusty high speed camera :)