PDA

View Full Version : Motorola HT820 Bluetooth Headset Trouble

xRyokenx
12-14-2007, 06:28 PM
I've got the above headset and I'm having trouble getting it to work. I have them connected to my PC and it doesn't play any audio. There's a menu in the Bluetooth control panel and the properties of the device that says "device features" and it doesn't list any of them. How would I go about getting this infernal contraption to play music and all?

xRyokenx
12-14-2007, 10:15 PM
I decided to say "screw this" before I ended up with higher blood pressure than I already have. Lesson learned: Bluetooth sucks. Another lesson: Don't buy Motorola products, they're a pain in the ass to get to work if you can even do that.

Screw. Wireless.

jdbnsn
12-15-2007, 02:23 AM
I have yearned for a reliable wireless headset with a mic and have been astounded at the fact that there really aren't any (that I'm aware of). I owned the headset you are using and returned it. Logitech makes a headset that works, no mic, and does not have a long life-span but it's not crazy expensive. IMO, it's still lacking.

xRyokenx
12-15-2007, 11:22 AM
They need plug'n'play stuff like this. Just plug in the USB adapter and off you go. But nooooo, it has to be too expensive and impossible to set up so screw wireless, lol. I ordered some new speakers and am going to buy a wired headset for now. I would like something where I can use the headphones while sitting across the room on my bed though.

jdbnsn
12-16-2007, 02:39 PM
I know you can use an xbox 360 with it's headset (which is connected to the controller instead of console) but when I last looked into this it only worked for the wired controller. I did hear talk of people getting it to work with the wireless controllers and a generic bluetooth dongle but I don't know if it's true or not. I tried it some time ago and I could not get the computer to recognize the wireless controller at all. If you could though, that would be perfect for many games.

xRyokenx
12-16-2007, 03:11 PM
I tried to get the thing to work again last night and gave up on it. It's not worth the hassle. I'm just gonna get a cheap wired one and use that, lol.