PDA

View Full Version : vLite

Gun Down
12-16-2007, 01:46 AM
vLite is a tool for customizing the Windows Vista installation before actually installing it.

-Main features are:
-hotfix, language pack and driver integration
-component removal
-unattended setup
-tweaks
-split/merge Vista installation CDs
-create ISO and burn bootable CD/DVD

Windows Vista from Microsoft takes a lot of resources, we all know that. vLite provides you with an easy removal of the unwanted components in order to make Vista run faster and to your liking.

This tool doesn't use any kind of hacking, all files and registry entries are protected as they would be if you install the unedited version only with the changes you select.

It configures the installation directly before the installation, meaning you'll have to remake the ISO and reinstall it. This method is much cleaner, not to mention easier and more logical than doing it after installation on every reinstall.

jdbnsn
12-16-2007, 08:49 AM
This looks awful spammish, but your profile doesn't. What gives?

Gun Down
12-16-2007, 05:28 PM
This looks awful spammish, but your profile doesn't. What gives?

Nlite used to be posted befor and this is the same thing but for Vista

So i thought id post but if spammish please delete

D1337
12-16-2007, 05:46 PM
I've read about vLite before, and seen several tutorials about how to use it and what will give you the most bang for your buck.

For those who still want it, heres the official download page: http://www.vlite.net/download.html

Gun Down
12-16-2007, 08:41 PM
I've read about vLite before, and seen several tutorials about how to use it and what will give you the most bang for your buck.

For those who still want it, heres the official download page: http://www.vlite.net/download.html

Thats the same link i put up there and it was removed

jdbnsn
12-17-2007, 02:07 AM
Ah, okay. I deleted the link because I wasn't sure, your post just sounded so much like an advertisement I wasn't sure. No problems with the above now that I understand. Sorry for the confusion.

Gun Down
12-18-2007, 06:41 PM
Ah, okay. I deleted the link because I wasn't sure, your post just sounded so much like an advertisement I wasn't sure. No problems with the above now that I understand. Sorry for the confusion.

Its all good man no hard feelings