PDA

View Full Version : Draining Water Cooling System

AppleBlack
12-18-2007, 10:04 AM
Can anyone help me by letting me know how they drain there system.

What i normaly do it disatach one of the pump ports and hold it over a dish bowl but i dont think this is the best way. Is it possible to drain using a fill port? i understand it says fill and not drain so im not holding my breath on that.

Thanks

Spawn-Inc
12-20-2007, 02:34 AM
ya if you really wanted to you could find the lowest point in your system and then cut the tubing add a T line then run the tubing to the bottom of the case and cap it with either a fill port or what ever you want as long as it holds.

for the mean time you can just flip the case upside down and use your fill port as a drain.

Scotty
12-20-2007, 11:48 AM
Lowest point usually. If you can't get to the lowest point, unlpug everything by the pump, unplug the pump outlet and pump the water out? I have NO idea if that would work at all, but you never know.

AppleBlack
12-20-2007, 04:21 PM
ya if you really wanted to you could find the lowest point in your system and then cut the tubing add a T line then run the tubing to the bottom of the case and cap it with either a fill port or what ever you want as long as it holds.

for the mean time you can just flip the case upside down and use your fill port as a drain.

Thanks for that, sounds like it will work. + Rep

isunktheship
12-23-2007, 08:41 PM
Yeah I have one fillport at the top of my case, but when I switched the system out I just disconnected everything and took out the complete system.

In retrospect it would be easier to get a second fillport for the bottom of the case.

I have been thinking about this a lot, and the easiest way to empty the case would be to have one branch of a t-connection lead to a "switch" to allow/block water flow, and then I would put in a male connector after the switch. Every time I need to drain the case I just connect a tube to the male connector to go far away from the case, and open the gate. I could turn the pump on if I needed to but, depending on where the gate is, it might not be necessary.

Spawn-Inc
12-24-2007, 03:54 AM
if those DD fill ports where like 2-3 i would grab two but no way in hell i'm paying $22 for two of them.

isunktheship
12-24-2007, 04:07 AM
Yeah they're just over-glorified corks!

si-skyline
12-24-2007, 05:05 PM
lol... i went out and bought two for my watercooling kit but i kinda didnt get round to put the drain on it.. xD

but the solution i use is what you said.. because i watercool my gfx card i put a bowl under that and just undo the two clamps on it and slowly pull it off.. the thing i dont like about doing that is that there is water drags noramlly left in the line and that you run the risk of a leak by not screwing them back up properly..