PDA

View Full Version : I Quit!!!!!

danthegeek
12-18-2007, 10:57 AM
Thats right, I quit my job today.

As some of you may know, it has not been going well. I have been getting hurt, run down, and not paid on time or at all. Today I woke-up and decided I was not going to do it anymore. Why should I go to a job that I get hurt at and never get paid on tim?. Hell, he still owes me $700 in back pay for some of the last 3 weeks. I called him and had a polite discussion and told him why I felt I needed to move on and find something else.

So then I did this = :banana:

And then some of this :think: because now I dont have a job.

So now Im like this :(.

Would anyone like my resume? j/k

-dan

jdbnsn
12-18-2007, 11:12 AM
well dude, I'm glad you took the initiative to move on from a bad situation and I know it sucks to be unemployed (especially around the holidays). I wish the best for you and if we can help out in any way don't be afraid to ask.

Cannibal23
12-18-2007, 11:22 AM
honestly dude jobs come and go. if your getting physicaly hurt then its not worth it to stay there. if they cant afford to pay you on time then they simply cant afford to keep you. sounds to me like you made the right choice. at work everyone has to put up with a certain ammount of bs but what your saying seems above and beyond the call of duty. as an employer the should already know that you never mess with a mans money.

danthegeek
12-18-2007, 11:54 AM
Thanks guys. It started out ok but things just got worse. Every day was a physical one. Lifting, moving, holding, etc all heavy stuff. Car frames, Industrial parts, iron hand rails, etc. You get the picture. My left wrist still hurts along with my back everyday. The thing that has been hurting lately the most though is my wallet. The original agreement was paid every Friday after the work week. Then a few weeks later it became the following Monday or Tuesday. Then Wednesday or Thursday. Things just kept getting later and later. Now I still have outstanding pay from 3 weeks ago, have only been paid half of 2 weeks ago pay and havent been paid for last week. Because of that I was not able to pay my phone bill or pay my credit card bill. Hell, I didnt even have money the past couple weeks to buy lunch and all my gas expenses have gone on the credit card. Luckily I had enough to pay most of my other bills but this is just BS. I have never missed payments due to lack of funds. Sure, Ive missed a phone bill before because I forgot but paid it a few day later. Im tired of working for free, atleast that is how it has felt.

Sorry for the rant.
-dan

Luke122
12-18-2007, 11:59 AM
Just keep your head up, things will work out. :D

NightrainSrt4
12-18-2007, 02:57 PM
Thats ridiculous. If your on the payroll, and you pay taxes, then payment should be on time every time.

Thing is they get paid for all the things being powdercoated so you should be getting paid. That is ridiculous dude. I hope you have documentation of everything because even nice people can rip you off.

Hope everything works out ok for you.

Cannibal23
12-18-2007, 03:55 PM
ya i had a place try that crap with me before. i adopted a policy that if im not paid for my work, work dosent get done no matter how important it is. oh what point of sale server is down.. you cant sell anything at all? angry customers eh... guess youll be paying me in a hurry then.

Airbozo
12-18-2007, 04:16 PM
In the US there is an entity called the Labor Board. If you can prove your hours and they have not paid you on time, call the labor board and explain the situation to them. The Labor Board will make a polite call to the employer _reminding_ them of their obligation to pay you on time. If they refuse or again fail to pay you, they will be fined and in some cases you get a portion of the fine as well as your paycheck or the business will have their license pulled and will have to close their doors until they re-apply for their license. (which will NOT be granted until the payroll is up to date)

I speak from experience here. I quit a job after the Owner had a bad day and decided I was the he was going to take it out on. As he took a breath from screaming at me, I shoved my truck keys, key card and time card in his shirt pocket and told him to f-off. I called the next day to arrange a time to pick up my last paycheck and they told me I was owed nothing since I walked off the job. I hung up and called the Labor Board. They contacted my former employer and explained the labor law to them. Half hour later I got a call from my old manager telling me my paycheck was ready.

BigJohnson
12-18-2007, 04:24 PM
Well congrats and good luck. You have some serious talent, have you tried a custom motorcycle or body shop. Once they see your work they'll be humping your leg for an interview.

XcOM
12-18-2007, 04:28 PM
dude that sucks,

Cannibal23
12-18-2007, 06:14 PM
have you tried a custom motorcycle or body shop. Once they see your work they'll be humping your leg for an interview.

thats not a bad idea at all. realisticly modding a pc case is just metal bondo paint and some lighting for the most part anyways... and whats custom body work if not metal bondo paint and maybe some lighting.... seems your skills would be pretty transferable to me.

danthegeek
12-18-2007, 07:48 PM
Yeah, but I hate doing body work unless its on something important to me. Its so time consuming and I have to be into it. I like to paint though, its instant results lol.

Uhh, Ill find something.

Thanks everyone.

-dan

Airbozo
12-18-2007, 08:01 PM
We're pulling for you!