PDA

View Full Version : 1608: unable to install Installshield

Nick_Black
12-18-2007, 03:02 PM
hey, I'm having a problem. when I try to install something (at the moment the wireless card adapter driver)
I get the error:
1607: Unable to install Installshield scripting
Runtime.

I've checked some online resources how to fix this.. but the files and regestry lines and stuff they tell me too look for don't exist on my computer. not just hiddedn, but just arent there. so I was thinking installing the windows installer engine, but the only version for XP I can find comes with the sp2.. which I can't download becouse I don't have the internet on that mashiene...

any thoughts?

thanks. :)

NightrainSrt4
12-18-2007, 03:31 PM
Download it on a machine with internet, then burn a disk, or transfer via an external drive or a flash drive perhaps.

If I remember correctly SP2 is just an exe so just get it on the pc and run it. Then if your idea is correct then you should be able to install the adapter.

If the pc only needs the registry values, you should just be able to add them manually. But if you need more than just the reg values then it won't solve your issue I don't think.

Eclecticos
12-18-2007, 04:39 PM
DOS -=> sfc /scannow.

Nick_Black
12-18-2007, 05:01 PM
NightrainSrt4: just did it now.. and... still same problem.. and now also the only resolution I can get is 4 bit.. but that's a vid. driver prob I can fix that lator...

Eclecticos: I'm going to try that now.

NightrainSrt4
12-18-2007, 05:09 PM
I didn't even look up the issue, just was going by what you said.

By just did it now, did you mean install sp2, or add the reg values. I would try to get sp2 installed. I was just mentioning that if the registry was the only issue, you could add those values.

Eclecticos
12-18-2007, 05:13 PM
Here (http://www.compphix.com/windowsfileprotection.html) is some more info.

Everytime i've ever had a problem with Install shield that fixed it.

Nick_Black
12-18-2007, 05:24 PM
NightrainSrt4: installed sp2 (I'm not just gonna start messing with the regestry files when i don't even know exactly whats wrong)

Eclecticos: just did it.. I'm asumeing evrything went well. it did ask me for the xp cd, but I just poped it in and evrything was fine.. should I re-run it so that it'll take the dll's from my C: drive? (like that link you sugested)

anyway's. it still didn't work.. :(

Eclecticos
12-18-2007, 06:05 PM
Hummn .. thats odd.

You could also try this:
Reinstall the InstallScript engine

To reinstall the InstallScript engine from InstallShield Developer, follow these steps:
1. Click Start, click All Programs, point to Accessories, and then click Windows Explorer.

2. Open the following folder: C:\ProgramFiles\InstallShield\Developer\Redist\Lan guage Independent\i386.

3. Double-click Isscrpt.msi.

4. Follow the instructions that appear on the screen.

Nick_Black
12-18-2007, 06:23 PM
that was one of the things I found online to do but the C:\ProgramFiles\InstallShield is missing...

I just installed the msi engine (3.0 I think it was) no Improvement..

is there a way to install the InstallScript engine from the CD?
or is there a place you can download it from?

thanks for all the help so far guy's :)

and b4 you ask, I did click show hidden files, and unchecked the "hide system files".

Eclecticos
12-18-2007, 08:31 PM
This looks like the best site for help. Here (http://consumer.installshield.com/)

You could do a recovery or something. . or Reinstall windows.
That should have fixxed' derr' right up.

Nick_Black
12-20-2007, 07:28 PM
HAHAHAHAHAAA!!! oh my god!
wow.. don't you hate it (or love it?) when something that seams verry dificult is actually really easy.

I donloaded that driver and whatever else from this computer, to install on that computer.. turns out the usb key I was using to transfer the files was corupted!

so I have to burn the files onto Cd.. not much of a loss, I can fit evrything I need onto one cd.. just 3 days down the drain for something simple...

thanks evryone for thier help!!!!