PDA

View Full Version : Help! Vento 3600 door not closing!

saab_rider
12-24-2007, 12:06 PM
Hello everyone,

First time poster! I have a black Asus Vento 3600, I know it looks great, but at a price!

I haven't used this case for a long time, and since I got it, the door wasn't easily closed. I moved apartments, and after moving the case, the front cover just won't close! I've been trying to find spare parts on-line but couldn't.

Any ideas what I should do?

P.S. Even the black part on the power button broke off, cause when my friend packed the case (I wasn't there) he had to use tape to close the door, and when I took the tape off (which partially covered the power button) it broke...

Zephik
12-24-2007, 02:19 PM
Well, you can always try going to the Vento website and send them an email. Its still in production, so I would only imagine that they have replacement parts ready that you can buy.

Sorry, thats about all the help I'm worth. I don't know much about the Vento and how it works. But I'm guessing the door has a sort of hydraulic system where it opens up automatically when you push on the front panel? If thats the case, then your catch is probably broken. Which I don't know how to fix... but maybe someone else will.

Pictures might help make the situation easier to understand. idk though.

Also, about the power button, "the black part" isn't descriptive enough. You have to keep in mind that we don't own this case, so we can't possibly know what "this part, or that part" is unless we actually own the case, which the only person that I know who does hasn't been around in a long time. So what is the black part? What is it for? What does it do? Pictures would probably help.

saab_rider
12-24-2007, 08:53 PM
My apologies Zephik. I was kind of hoping several people already own this case.

It seems many people post on the internet about how they admire the looks of the Vento 3600, but very few people actually went on and bought it.

I will post pictures once I get back home.

About contacting Asus, I checked their site, and they have a forum for the Vento cases, with a few people posting similar problems with the door, but there were no replies. I will try to e-mail them, who knows I might get a reply.

The door is hydraulic as you described. I actually looked at the catch on the case, and the part on the door that's inserted in the catch, and none are broken. The catch however seems a bit too wide... I don't remember if this is what it looked like form the beginning or not. I was hoping that I can somehow thicken the insert so the catch can, well, catch it...

The "black part" which I'm talking about is a coin sized insert that's just a couple of mm thick. It's placed on top of the transparent power button. This insert seems to connect to the power button by 3 pegs that are very very shallow. Some how they broke and this piece fell off. It's not really a problem, I can probably just super glue it back on... Just tells you about the quality of the case.

Zephik
12-25-2007, 01:12 AM
My apologies Zephik. I was kind of hoping several people already own this case.

We don't buy these cases, we MAKE these cases. :p:)

The door is hydraulic as you described. I actually looked at the catch on the case, and the part on the door that's inserted in the catch, and none are broken. The catch however seems a bit too wide... I don't remember if this is what it looked like form the beginning or not. I was hoping that I can somehow thicken the insert so the catch can, well, catch it...

You could surely do that, I'm not exactly sure how though. But if you want a quick fix, maybe just layer on tape or something? For a more professional fix, you could always get a piece of plastic, maybe acrylic? and carve out a new one (or maybe outline the basic shape you want, cut it out, then sand it down till its the perfect size). Then probably take some "Weld-on" and attach it as if you were gluing it back on. Weld-on is a solvent based product, its not glue, it literally melts plastic, so when you put the two pieces of whatever together, they fuse and become one.

Hope that helps! If you need anything else, let us know. :)

Scotty
12-25-2007, 08:16 PM
This is a modding place, get a hammer and make it fit XD

Welcome to the forums mate too :D

I don't think explanations will sort this, we need those pics to see whats really wrong. Don't own the case myself but pics are always useful

SgtM
12-26-2007, 04:45 AM
Moved to the Fix IT shop. Also found a review and some pics:
http://www.pcstats.com/articleview.cfm?articleID=1760