PDA

View Full Version : Slot loading DVD

danthegeek
12-26-2007, 06:10 AM
I am interested in getting a slot loading dvd burner for thw BF2 pc. Where can i find one.

thanks
-dan

si-skyline
12-26-2007, 07:39 AM
hay, can i just point out to you that with some slot loaders dont accept mini disks because of there size.. i found that out the hard way when i had a driver on a mini disc xD

danthegeek
12-26-2007, 07:58 AM
Thanks for the info. I dont think I have to worry about that though. All my drivers are in full size discs or my flash drive. I should specify that I need an internal 5.25 one. NOT an external or for a laptop.

Xpirate
12-26-2007, 09:23 AM
Plextor makes one, but it is kind of expensive.
http://www.plextor.com/english/products/716AL.htm

xmastree
12-26-2007, 09:53 AM
hay, can i just point out to you that with some slot loaders dont accept mini disks because of their size.

If that's a problem, you can always use an adaptor. Can't find a link just now, but they're like a plastic ring, standard disc diameter, and the mini disc clips into the centre.

si-skyline
12-28-2007, 01:12 AM
ah well.. it was more to the fact i first moved into uni and only had my laptop and my network port didnt work so i got a usb > rj45 thingie and it just had to be on a mini disk..

all my drivers for all my computers are backed up on my server, just that one time were i learned the hardway once agian xD