PDA

View Full Version : Blue Screen of death :(

Dooley
12-26-2007, 09:21 PM
Alrite everyone hav'nt been on for a while, been out of town. I finally finished my first gaming computer and after having it working perfect for less than a month now over Christmas I got a new 20" widescren monitor, headset and keyboard etc but since yesterday I have got a major problem with it. I switch on the computer it loads as normal untill it gets onto the desktop and starts to load all the processes and programs i load on start, but it only does so many then a blue screen flicks on for about 1 second (not enough time to read) and restarts. Tonight it has done that 10 times before it sucessfully starts and usable :?.

I was thinking it maybe some of the new drivers from my new stuff like the screen manager or headset manager processes that load when Windows is started but im not sure so I would greatly aprishiate anyones help who may no why its doing this?

It is very confusing for me as it works fine after a number of blue screen restarts :?

thanks Tom

D1337
12-26-2007, 09:31 PM
try safe mode, or last good configuration, then if you CAN get it to boot, then it will be easy. If you cant, there's a few more options..

Dooley
12-26-2007, 09:40 PM
I can get a good boot after about 10/15 times it has restarted its self it books its ideas up and works untill i try and switch it back on again :(.

Dooley
12-27-2007, 08:21 AM
Ok i switched Auto Restart off and now it doesnt restart after the blue screens and here is what I got last nite-

at the top it says- PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

and the codes at the bottom say- *** STOP: 0x00000050 (0xb42e3138, 0x00000000, 0x8052ab28, 0x00000000)

Does anyone know whats causing this problem from this info?

Cheers Tom

Cannibal23
12-27-2007, 12:08 PM
0x00000050: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

Requested data was not in memory. An invalid system memory address was referenced. Defective memory (including main memory, L2 RAM cache, video RAM) or incompatible software (including remote control and antivirus software) might cause this Stop message, as may other hardware problems (e.g., incorrect SCSI termination or a flawed PCI card).

personaly i would try booting in safe mode and see if the problem still exists. if it does you can eliminate drivers as your issue. try to dissable your start up applications. try booting after that if you still get it and we have already eliminated drivers it may be bad ram somewhere, swap it out if you can or put in only one stick at a time to try to isolate it.

Dooley
12-27-2007, 02:20 PM
Thanks alot mate i'll give your suggestion a try later on. This time when I switched it on each time I got a Blue Screen i had a different error e.g.

first time i got Stop: 0x00000050 (0xB43E3138, 0X00000000, 0X8052AB28, 0X00000000)

but this time I started up I got 3 different errors e.g. Stop: 0x00000050 (0XB480B138, 0X00000000, 0X852AB28, 0X00000000

and to other different ones.

Im totally confused to what these mean but they all start with 0x00000050 which means drivers or something I think.

Cannibal23
12-27-2007, 03:01 PM
was it the same message about page fault in non paged area or was it diffrent? about the idea above. basicly the idea is eliminate the software part and then start eliminateing the hardware. thats not just limited to ram though. so if your down to one stick of ram start unplugging other devices.

Dooley
12-27-2007, 06:10 PM
Yes it was still saying fault in nongaed area thing but different codes at the bottom. I have just started in safemode then took 3 of the new programs I intalled over the past 3 days, then ran a diskcheck on reeboot and when it loaded the desktop it worked fine and I got a error report which may be helpfull as it shows the files that caused the serious error so it says. Here is some screenshots of it I took-

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i163/dooley_2006/1-3.jpg

Dooley
12-27-2007, 06:13 PM
Sorry that is a really crappy quality picture :(. The two files its showing are

C:\DOCUME~1\THOMAS~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERc335.dir00\M ini122707-07.dmp

and

C:\DOCUME~1\THOMAS~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERc335.dir00\s ysdata.xml

D1337
12-27-2007, 06:15 PM
Can you Upload a bigger/clearer picture? Or atleast copy and paste the text.

lol, you fixed it before i posted -.-

D1337
12-27-2007, 06:20 PM
- boot up in safe mode
- delete the folder "WERc.335.dir00" of all the user on your computer
- delete all in c:\windows\minidump\
- go to the DOS prompt and write "chkdsk /f" it will probably ask for doing the scan on the next bootup, select "yes"
- then reboot

tell me if it works

Dooley
12-27-2007, 09:06 PM
Thanks alot too D1337 and Cannibal23. I think i've got it working :banana:. done 4 restarts and it has'nt happened since so I think im in the clear. Thanks alot to both you guys you have saved me alot of time :up: + repped you guys too.

Cheers Tom

harry89
05-29-2008, 08:19 PM
i've got exactly the same problem with apparently the same error messages except I don't seem to be able to remain in Safe Mode very long before i get another crash, (~5 minutes) so I couldn't locate the folders you specified in time and I was blue screened yet again. I'm pretty much a pc novice as far as this sort of thing goes so I'll need help to be in the form of a reasonably step by step guide if it isn't too much troube, :)
Also, when I'm not trying to log in in safe mode it crashes after a short time on the log in screen.

Also I cannot find the file werc.335...... on this laptop, so where is it ?

Crazy Buddhist
05-30-2008, 02:46 AM
i've got exactly the same problem with apparently the same error messages except I don't seem to be able to remain in Safe Mode very long before i get another crash, (~5 minutes)

I doubt you have the same problem, you probably have a hardware issue if your machine is crashing in Safe mode. Sorry but I haven't got the energy to walk you through it. The knights in shining armour will be along ..

CB

harry89
05-30-2008, 08:12 AM
Well i woudn't be surprised if i am wrong. i can safely say it's not overheated though considering i've left it overnight and the same probem remains, i managed to get into safe mode but after a couple of minutes the same crash occurred. i also managed last night to run the 'chkdsk /f' as suggested above, which found nothing.

Trace
05-31-2008, 03:48 AM
Basically, pull out everything but the PSU, CPU, MOBO, RAM, and if necessary GPU. Then boot and see if it crashes. That will basically show you if it's a hardware issue. If it doesn't crash, slowly start adding in hardware until it does. Bam, you've found your problem.

harry89
05-31-2008, 09:56 AM
Basically, pull out everything but the PSU, CPU, MOBO, RAM, and if necessary GPU. Then boot and see if it crashes. That will basically show you if it's a hardware issue. If it doesn't crash, slowly start adding in hardware until it does. Bam, you've found your problem.

Everything BUT or everything INCLUDING ?

Crazy Buddhist
05-31-2008, 01:17 PM
BUT

.. so you leave in the CPU RAM, PSU and MOBO +HDD - if you have on-board graphics I would remove your Video Card too as they can cause these issues.

Also try resetting the CMOS (usually either a jumper or a little push button next to the battery). You do this while the PC is powered off and disconnected from the mains. Either holding the button down for ten seconds or moving the jumper to the clear CMOS position for ten seconds (see your mobo manual). If you have played around in the BIOS settings it could be something you have done in there causing the issue so resetting it is always a good step.

If you are not getting crashes put back in the video card and see how it goes ... then add everything else in bit by bit til you crash.

If you are still getting crashes with the cut down PC start trying replacement parts for the PSU (likely cause) RAM (also likely) and eventually CPU and MOBO.

CB

EDIT: PS Check your CPU Heatsink is properly seated and has not been dislodged too. It could be overheating.