PDA

View Full Version : My first case mod..... and without a dremel

crenn
09-03-2005, 08:44 AM
I'm about to adventure into case modding. But nothing on the outside, mainly in the inside. I'm making a additional 3 holes for 60mm fans, 1 at the back, 2 at the front. I'm also planning to conceal an entire fan controller(mCubed T-Balancer XL) in the case. I'll be using 4 6cm Suson fans due to limited space. This entire project will cost appox. AUD$200. I'll try to get my batteries for my camera charged and I'll show you how small the case is.

public_eyesore
09-03-2005, 10:52 AM
are ypu sure u want 60mm fans? they get pretty whiney

crenn
09-03-2005, 10:57 AM
These are the only fans that fit in this case. You'll see when I post up pics.

temmink
09-03-2005, 02:30 PM
How do you plan on cutting holes without a dremel? Father's day today, perhaps you should buy your old man a dremel and then just 'borrow' it, that way it doesnt 'count' as frivolous spending to your missus or controlling gf. :)

crenn
09-03-2005, 09:12 PM
Considering my age, this is quite humourous. I'm planning to take it to my school and use the facilities there. I'm going to be using files, diamond edged sawblades, and a polishing machine. It should only take me about 2 hours. I'm planning to get a dremel when I get a job. But fitting all of this into this case is already going to be some job for me. The case is that small. And what's worse - there is no cable tying (will be doing this also) plus I'm also hoping to get some rounded IDE cables. I'm mainly doing this because with the side panel on, temps are about 57c for the CPU, 35c for the air inside the case, and it's all relying on the PSU fan...

crenn
09-04-2005, 06:30 AM
Great, the computer that was in the case has just died. Which means that I'll be needing to spend more fixing the damn thing. When I just spent AUD$82 fixing it..... This project is going to have to wait until I get more funds...

temmink
09-04-2005, 12:53 PM
Considering my age, this is quite humourous. I'm plannin...
Thats even better, you could have got your mum to buy it saying it was your dad's secret hardware wish... then proceded to borrow it.

and...

as frivolous spending to your missus or controlling gf.
or your controlling mum! :)

crenn
09-04-2005, 06:55 PM
My dad doesn't like dremels and currently we are low on funds so she wouldn't buy it anyway. I'm still waiting for my laptop that I was promised over a month ago.

crenn
09-22-2005, 10:19 AM
Great. Just great. This mod is now cancelled be ause my father says that once I get my laptop, he's taking the computer back. He also does not want me to mod the case to hold 25 fans(those are his actual words.... when the mod only enables the case to have another 3 fans, making a total of 4 case fans). If he wants his computer back, I think I'll take my motherboard back. I think the main reason to why he doesn't want me to mod the case is the fact and it requires about $140 more for extra fans, screws and fan controller....

EDIT: Forgot to add that he said that once I have my laptop, if I want a desktop, I'll have to pay for it myself. I might get a decent computer for once instead of some generic filled pos.

Razor Blade
09-23-2005, 03:05 PM
Such is life I guess. Well just keep saving your money up and then you an pick what you want to do ;)

crenn
09-23-2005, 10:13 PM
Yeah. But the good news is he's decided to give me about $500 to build another desktop. So I'll just repair my P4 system and then mod that!!!!

Oh well.... it should be a good ending after all!!