PDA

View Full Version : Dual radiator vs two single

thephreak99
09-03-2005, 06:06 PM
Planning on wc my computer. cpu, nb, gpu, and maybe some hdd's. Should the temp be a big difference on these three scenarios. (all radiators 120mm)

1:
One single rad

2:
One dual rad

3:
Two single rad. One on each side of the case.

Thanx in advance! :)

dgrmkrp
09-04-2005, 03:11 PM
one rad is cheapest, smallest area for heat to escape.. two rads... depending on model and budget, may be better than one double if in parallel (faster heat exchange) and only if the surface area of two is greater than the double, if the pressure and circuit is pum-friendlier... if! basicly... it all comes if you see that your model has good performance. one double is better than two single in most cases, because the manufacturer should sell them cheaper than 2 single, has taken out the circuit problem ... but if you intend on using a special loop that goes tru the cpu than a rad than the gpu... hmm... it's up to you... just see if the btu of two is greater than one... if i would have room for a double in my case, i would go for it... after asking qs, of course... but double is better... or i may be a silly idiot :) and unaware of what watercooling involves...