PDA

View Full Version : RAM upgarde, ELP!

Scotty
12-27-2007, 10:50 PM
So because for some reason we have every section except RAM in this forum this is here XD

I currently have 2GB of Crucial Ballistix 667 @ 730MHz. (2x1GB).

Im looking to go 4GB even though i don't have a 64bit oS i don't give a crap that can be sorted later.

I can pick up 2GB 667 for £45 + postage

so that would give me 4GB though 4x1GB

But i found 4GB of OCZ PC2-5400 Vista Upgrade Gold Series (wth is with the long ass names) (2x2GB) for a nice £60 which believe it or not was the same price i payed for my 2GB ballistix only a few months back.

So should i sell my Ballistix and jump on the OCZ, or just grab more ballistix...

Or i could grab some Ballistix tracers 2GB for £50, then i would have some pretty colours. in there too o.O

Thing is i don't want some crap ass RAM to limit my overclock, and i know that Ballistix will push that far and a hell of a lot more, ive seen people get these sticks to 1GHz+!

Im stuck. Main reason for upgrade isfor Photoshop, its a RAM hungry monster. So if i get a 64bit Vista i would like the opportunity to jump up even further RAM wise when the price is right, and at the rate DDR3 is coming in soon DDr2 will be cheap as chips.

Spawn-Inc
12-27-2007, 11:28 PM
i would grab the same ram sticks and that way you know you will hit those speeds you currently have, i need to work in ocing mine more as i'm only 50mhz away from you atm and i have pc5300.

Scotty
12-28-2007, 08:54 AM
Thats what i was thinking. Maybe ill jump on the Tracers, cus they look pretty, under that though its still Ballistix.