PDA

View Full Version : Good RPG to get into?

simon275
12-30-2007, 01:19 AM
I am looking for a good RPG or MMORPG game to sink my teeth into for PC. I have already played the s**t out of oblivion and Wow. I was looking at getting the witcher has anybody played it? Any suggestions for games are welcome.

Zephik
12-30-2007, 01:55 AM
Have you tried RL? The graphics are MIND BLOWING.

lol no but seriously, after WoW, I couldn't find anything better aside from FPS. So I just quit playing video games for a few months. Then started again, with Mario Kart for the N64. lol

Spawn-Inc
12-30-2007, 04:16 AM
while not for the pc (FFXI is i think) if you have a ps2 pick up Final Fantasy X, X-2, and XII Great games!

simon275
12-30-2007, 08:49 AM
I have played Final Fantasy got 18% into it and went stuff it. Yeah the graphics in RL are good. :rolleyes:

.Maleficus.
12-30-2007, 11:35 AM
Have you tried RL? The graphics are MIND BLOWING.
Not as good as Crysis though :D.

What about KOTOR and KOTOR2? Those were great games. Neverwinter Nights? Never played them, but they looked good. If you go turn-based, Heroes of Might and Magic V was pretty good too. For MMOs, I'd say Sword of the New World or Archlord.

simon275
12-30-2007, 04:27 PM
Yeah KOTOR2 is good. Might have a look at Neverwinter Nights. Also what is that Pirate game coming out?

Quakken
12-30-2007, 10:47 PM
well i just oblivion... and for a single player rpg, i am not sure how much better it could get (although There are possible improvements. like the guards being able to hear through walls {although there is a mod somewhere...})

anyway, I heard kotor is pretty good.

Greco101
12-31-2007, 07:13 PM
Pirates of the burning sea

.Maleficus.
01-02-2008, 08:25 AM
Just remembered what it's called.

Fable.

That looks like a neat game.

simon275
01-02-2008, 08:45 AM
Just remembered what it's called.

Fable.

That looks like a neat game.

Played it at a mate's house was ok.

Luke122
01-02-2008, 12:14 PM
Chrono Trigger for SNES. IMHO, best RPG of all time.

Also, check out Secret of Evermore, Secret of Mana, Ogre Battle and Harvest Moon for SNES.

For Playstation there's FF Tactics, Chrono Cross, etc.

Pretty much anything by Squaresoft should meet the need. :D

Yeah, stuck in the past, I know.

Durrthock
01-03-2008, 12:16 AM
Liked oblivion, Play morrowind still to this day the best game ive ever played. Think of high fantasy oblivion I had hundred of hours into that game.

xRyokenx
01-03-2008, 01:05 PM
If you can find it anywhere, pretty much the entire Ultima series by Origin really kicked ass... it's kind of old though. Still, the whole place is really imaginative, unique, and fun.

EDIT: Here's a link (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultima) to the Wikipedia page. Note that they are older but I used to watch my dad play these all the time way back in the good ol' days.

p0Pe
01-06-2008, 01:47 PM
how bout a RTS game?... i would recommend supreme commander forged alliance if your into that stuff:P... dont know about rpg though

jbaldwinroberts
01-06-2008, 04:50 PM
Diablo II online... it rules

NightrainSrt4
01-06-2008, 05:25 PM
Gamestop has a double pack of Dungeon Lords and Gothic 3 for $19.99. Actually a lot of places have it, but Best Buy was $29.99 and so were other places I saw it at.

Both games are newer and received respectable ratings. Nothing ground breaking, but cheap and looked like two good games. I was thinking about getting them before I reupped my WoW sub to talk to my brother. Its been 6 months since I have played that damn time sink lol.

Eclecticos
01-08-2008, 08:17 AM
Get Guildwars (http://www.guildwars.com/). <=-

You can get the free trial at Fileplanet.Com (http://www.fileplanet.com/)
Its on the homepage.

cjtaylor0103
01-08-2008, 10:59 AM
Make an account on TheCodeBBS and play some MajorMUD. With no graphics at all, your imagination can drive you!

telnet to thecode.mine.nu

Eclecticos
01-09-2008, 12:43 AM
Here is a good site for Free MMORPGS - Onrpg.Com (http://www.onrpg.com/)

Needsleep
01-09-2008, 05:36 AM
Have a look at Anarchy Online (www.anarchy-online.com/)

i'll make no bones about how unbias my opinon is but i think it's a great game. At the moment you can play for free (minus the expansions) to get a taste for it and upgrade later if it float's your boat.

If you do decide to download and make a toon. Make sure you create ur toon's on Rubi-Ka 1 (there are 3 possible dimensions) it's the most populated and it's the one i play on so you can pick my brain (if you want of course). I've been playing for 3 yrs (have over 2k levels across 16 toons, yes i should get out more) and am still hooked but get a lot of enjoyment from helping 'noobs' out in game.

PM me here if you do try it i'll come find ya in game! <-that offer goes out to anyone here....

/AO recruitment drive :D