PDA

View Full Version : xBox 360.

Omega
12-31-2007, 06:38 AM
I got one today, and all I can say is that it's freakin' phenominal. Streaming media from my desktop? Awesome (especially since I have over 350gb of XB360 useable media). Games? Also awesome. And of course, Xbox LIVE. Except you can chat with msn messenger people now too. Brillaint!

I thought the old one was good, too... The list just goes on for it's features, wireless on/off via the controller, wireless controller (obviously) USB camera/mp3 player support, Wireless networking support (with an addon), HD up to 1080p (My xb360 pro has HD, Component & HDMI, as well as Digital Audio out), and all kinds of other nifty stuff.

And to think, I only really wanted one for Forza and GH2/3 (maybe rock band too).

Kinda reminds me of my first xbox, I was so stoked that I could rip CD's to it. Now look how far we've come.

Any comments?

(My XBL Gamertag should be bncr33, I might be remaking this though so it thinks I'm over 18 and doesn't ask for a password for everything (who let the vista team on the xbox team?))

EDIT: Edited my birthday on the account, if the xbox keeps bothering me I'll make a new account, until then feel free to add bncr33

noopypoop
12-31-2007, 10:54 AM
NAy chance youll be getting halo 3 or the orange box?

.Maleficus.
12-31-2007, 11:17 AM
I'm thinking about getting a 360 too. For some odd reason, my old Xbox decided to crap out on me a few days ago, and I've been wanting to game with some of my friends. I'll probably get the Pro version and buy an external hard drive to hook up to it too. The Elite is way too much, and I don't have an HDTV to utilize the better quality. The only games I'm really wanting to get are Halo 3 (for online) and Mass Effect. But, there are some other good ones. We'll see how much money I get in this next paycheck and go from there. I still need to buy my GPU waterblock.

NightrainSrt4
12-31-2007, 11:23 AM
The Elite is way too much, and I don't have an HDTV to utilize the better quality.

The only pro I can see for the elite now is the extra hard drive space. I got the Pro a couple months ago and they now have HDMI ports so no worries there, just make sure you get a newer manufactured one.

$350 gets the Pro, with Forza2 and Ultimate Alliance. HDMI port.

One thing I just found out about the 360 is that you can be a complete lazy ass. If you have the controller near you, you can turn on the 360 remotely. LMAO. Now there is no reason to get up off the couch.

I do get up lol I am just saying for those who all they do is game and tv, Complete easysauce.

Omega
12-31-2007, 03:42 PM
NAy chance youll be getting halo 3 or the orange box?

No. I have the orange box for PC, and I don't care for the Halo series. Nor do I care for FPSes on consoles. I can't aim for crap. I'll keep my FPSes on the computer and my racers on the console.

The only pro I can see for the elite now is the extra hard drive space. I got the Pro a couple months ago and they now have HDMI ports so no worries there, just make sure you get a newer manufactured one.

$350 gets the Pro, with Forza2 and Ultimate Alliance. HDMI port.

One thing I just found out about the 360 is that you can be a complete lazy ass. If you have the controller near you, you can turn on the 360 remotely. LMAO. Now there is no reason to get up off the couch.

I do get up lol I am just saying for those who all they do is game and tv, Complete easysauce.

I got a new Xbox 360 with the HDMI. I don't care for ultimate alliance but hd compatable console + forza 2 = win.

Also, I like that you can start and shut it off remotely.

Luke122
12-31-2007, 04:24 PM
Gamertag = Lukestar122

I've got Forza2, Skate, Orange Box, CoD3, DDR Universe, NHL07, and a few others.

I love the 360 also.. especially since I got mine for free cause it was RRoD'd. :D

noopypoop
12-31-2007, 04:35 PM
Gamertag=hbmrpeanut(i didnt make it up:p)

i got halo 3 and orange box and cod3

Greco101
12-31-2007, 04:49 PM
No. I have the orange box for PC, and I don't care for the Halo series. Nor do I care for FPSes on consoles. I can't aim for crap. I'll keep my FPSes on the computer and my racers on the console.

Amen! It takes forever to get that 2nd instinct with controllers. I didn't care for halo 3 at all... it was pretty fun with friends online but not worth the price at all. I sold mine on eBay soon after I bought it...

Forza 2 is a must buy... the game is amazing but the learning curve is semi steep for any gran turismo, need for speed series player. You can't just take a corner balls out, especially at first...

I also recommend...

[Burnout: paradise.] It doesn't come out until sometime January but the demo is fun as hell.

[Blazing Angels 2] Bad ass WW2 flight sim.

[Guitar Hero 3] AKA "heroin hero" (southpark...) If you're into Guitar hero, it's pretty sweet although the skill levels all increased from GH1 and 2. When they say expert on GH3... they mean it. Guitar hero is a fairly easy game to get good at.... even though I can play some expert songs on GH3, it's not fun. It's a lot more fun to "jam" and relax on hard. ....maybe I'll do a GH3 review if it's not already done.....

FPS's that are bad ass (I feel the same way about them on 360 as you but I still recommend the free demo downloads) are: Frontlines-fuel of war, COD4(no demo yet), GRAW 2 and the new rainbow 6.

GAMER TAG:: Greco101

noopypoop
12-31-2007, 04:53 PM
TO me racing games are only made for consolesBUT only if you have a racing wheel. To me its impossible to controll with a controller. I also have fight night round 3(i forgot about that)

Edit: And guitar hero 3

.Maleficus.
12-31-2007, 06:25 PM
I think I'm going to the mall tonight, so I'll see what they have for 360s. I've got about $120 right now, and about $200 or so in a paycheck coming sometime this week. We'll see :).

aintnothang
01-01-2008, 01:09 AM
I love my ps3, I would never ever buy an xbox.:down:

Omega
01-01-2008, 03:39 AM
I got GH2 + GH3 today (My mom paid for GH3... woot) and I've got two controllers (parties ahoi). They're soooo fun.

Also, The Wii only appealed to me on the tech front -- IR tracking = awesome. But I don't like it's selection of games. And I don't like the PS3's selection (read: lack of good) games. The only console that's appealed to me was the 360. Forza + PGR +GH + RB = all I need.

aintnothang
01-01-2008, 05:00 AM
The ps3's lineup is building cod4, drake uncharted, grand turismo(can't wait),Warhawk, etc. If anybody plays Warhawk hit me up on psn!

Omega
01-01-2008, 06:25 AM
The ps3's lineup is building cod4, drake uncharted, grand turismo(can't wait),Warhawk, etc. If anybody plays Warhawk hit me up on psn!

I don't play shooters for consoles (hence why Halo isn't on my list of games), and I already have CoD4. I've also never heard of Drake Uncharted or Warhawk, so obviously the lineup isn't THAT strong.

luciusad2004
01-01-2008, 02:01 PM
I love my 360. All I have for it is Forza 2, Bioshock, and Viva Pinata(Suprisingly Fun; great game for a change of pace). At them moment I've borrowed my friends copy of Oblivion to keep me occupied.

Gamertag = luciusad2004 if anyone want's to add me. Just send me a message saying you're from TBCS. I don't have gold at the moment so i can't really play, but once i buy a couple more months I would def be up for some Forza 2. I haven't played that in ages. I would love some more friends...

As much as i love my 360 i must say though... I'm always eyeing up pc land and it just seems so much happier over there. Yes the hardware is expensive, yeah you have to upgrade a lot to stay on top of the game but honestly: FREE online play, FREE Downloadable Content, User Made Content, etc. It makes me so jealous... ill admit it. At times i feel like i want to give up on consoles because most of the games i want are on PC as well, and FPS will probably run better on PC anyway, not to mention mouse and keyboard support. (although i honestly do worse w/ mouse and keyboard)

aintnothang
01-01-2008, 06:47 PM
Ps3 online is free and pretty good. There is also support for mouse and keyboard. But pc is always better. Ps3 is also amazing with a hard drive you can upgrade to any laptop hard drive, bluetooth, and bluray!

luciusad2004
01-01-2008, 07:02 PM
Ps3 online is free and pretty good. There is also support for mouse and keyboard. But pc is always better. Ps3 is also amazing with a hard drive you can upgrade to any laptop hard drive, bluetooth, and bluray!

Yeah. The major things that kept me away from PS3 is price, and game selection. Also none of my friends have PS3 so i went with an xbox. I originally got it because i wanted to go to the lan parties they used to have, but those seemed to have died off since we graduated and when they do happen I'm either not around or not informed. In retrospect, that could have been money put towards a computer and i would have gotten just as much if not more out of it, but I'm very happy with my xbox.

aintnothang
01-01-2008, 09:07 PM
Yeah...all my friends have ps3 so its good.

.Maleficus.
01-01-2008, 10:14 PM
I have 1 friend with a PS3, and since he is getting UT3, I'll just play him on my PC.

Sunday I get paid, and if it's enough (or if my mom will lend me the extra) I'll probably get one. But, I just bought Battlefield 2, so we'll see if I even want one in 5 days :D.

xRyokenx
01-02-2008, 12:02 AM
Speaking of xBox 360s and their related games... does anyone know if Mass Effect is coming out on PC? Since KotOR I & II did I'm assuming it is...

(Didn't want to make a new thread and didn't see one for Mass Effect...)

.Maleficus.
01-02-2008, 07:26 AM
Speaking of xBox 360s and their related games... does anyone know if Mass Effect is coming out on PC? Since KotOR I & II did I'm assuming it is...

(Didn't want to make a new thread and didn't see one for Mass Effect...)
I'm not sure, but Mass Effect is one of 2 reasons I want a 360 (the other being Xbox Live).

Edit: Looks like a pretty solid no for right now. http://masseffect.bioware.com/forums/viewtopic.html?topic=463248&forum=104

xRyokenx
01-02-2008, 12:57 PM
Edit: Looks like a pretty solid no for right now. http://masseffect.bioware.com/forums/viewtopic.html?topic=463248&forum=104

Aww, that stinks.

Luke122
01-02-2008, 01:02 PM
W00t! My brother works for Bioware! :D

Omega
01-02-2008, 07:57 PM
Ooooh man. been playing GH. Beat 3 on medium today, halfway through 2 and my hands JUST cramped up (Can't wait to beat 2... Free Bird & YYZ ftw)

.Maleficus.
01-02-2008, 09:01 PM
Ooooh man. been playing GH. Beat 3 on medium today, halfway through 2 and my hands JUST cramped up (Can't wait to beat 2... Free Bird & YYZ ftw)
Through the Fire and Flames FTW!

I was going to play some BF2 just now, but now I'm going to play that :D.

I have decided that I WILL get a 360, so any recommends on Live games?

noopypoop
01-02-2008, 09:06 PM
Through the Fire and Flames FTW!

I was going to play some BF2 just now, but now I'm going to play that :D.

I have decided that I WILL get a 360, so any recommends on Live games?

9WZSXCKK3bU

tis kid will PWN you.

Its really REALLY scary how good this kid is

Oh and halo 3even tho noone seems to like it here =(

xRyokenx
01-02-2008, 10:34 PM
I like Halo 3... it's just not something I play all the time due to lack of 360, lol.

.Maleficus.
01-02-2008, 10:48 PM
I liked Halo, but like most people here, I think it's overhyped and pretty unoriginal. I'll still end up getting it just for Xbox Live.