PDA

View Full Version : Nooo....Mouse lens scratched

Outlaw
12-31-2007, 08:19 PM
So I have a G5 Gaming mouse and my daughters play with it. No big deal, right? WRONG! I walked into our bedroom to find my yougest with a screw she found somewhere stuck into the the opening for the lens! Is there a way to get rid of them or make them better so it isn't as noticeable? I play CS:S and it's no good, my mouse is all shaky like I have an aim bot. lol

Any help or tips appreciated.
Thank in advance!

Spawn-Inc
12-31-2007, 08:37 PM
i'm not sure how it works with lasers but with optical there is a clear peice of plastic that covers the sensor. if the laser does the same thing you might be able to buy a cheap laser mouse and replace it with or without some mods.

Outlaw
12-31-2007, 09:09 PM
I donno if that would work if they are close to the same as far as design. This does have a plastic piece over the actual "laser lens" but it looks like it would be a fairly unique piece. Thanks for the idea. I might just get the G9. Got some Best Buy gift cards :D

Spawn-Inc
12-31-2007, 10:49 PM
ya i was out buying a 250gig to replace a dying one and saw it and i really love the weight tray and what not, but i already spent 100 on my mx revo so i will keep that for a bit.

you might be able to get some kind of lens repair kit or cd scratch filler stuff but it might mess with the angles and what not.

SgtM
01-01-2008, 02:29 AM
Take it out. Sand, then polish. Should be fine after that. Or what about a clear coat? Clear over it a few times, sand then polish the clear coat. Might be worth a try if you have a spare lying around.

Drum Thumper
01-01-2008, 04:00 AM
I think SgtM is on the right track, but I wonder if good ol toothpaste would work? Works great for scratched CD/DVDs, and if the lens isn't too gouged, in theory it could work.

However, applying the toothpaste could be another story altogether.

xmastree
01-01-2008, 07:36 AM
So I have a G5 Gaming mouse and my daughters play with it.
Is there a way to get rid of them?

Put them up for adoption... ;)

Outlaw
01-03-2008, 04:44 PM
I did try the toothpaste and it actually made it worse. Even setting the DPI to 800 and taking out the mouse pad. With the mouse pad, it was horrible. I didn't try the clear coat thing which I can try. The wife has crap loads of nail polish. I did buy another mouse (another G5).

Cannibal23
01-03-2008, 05:53 PM
the plastic is pmma based stuff so get some scratch remover and polisher that you would use on plexiglass take your mouse appart and polish it up. that should fix your issue depending on how bad the gouge is.

Luke122
01-03-2008, 06:06 PM
Lol.. return the scratched one. ;)

Durrthock
01-03-2008, 06:12 PM
Eh hem
http://www.razerzone.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2_17&products_id=72

Cannibal23
01-03-2008, 06:13 PM
Lol.. return the scratched one. ;)

best idea on here. if its still under warrantee just return it and claim that it is not functioning properly +rep when it lets me.

i think its fair to rep this seeing as its likely the solution that requires the least work and probable best result.

Luke122
01-03-2008, 06:14 PM
Lol.. I dont want credit for that. ;)

Omega
01-03-2008, 07:43 PM
I thought he meant buy a new one, switch the lens, take the "new" one (with the scratched lens) back to the place you bought it, tell them it's scratched (show them if you need to) and get a refund. =/

Or send it to Logitech. That works too.

Eclecticos
01-04-2008, 12:35 AM
Put them up for adoption... ;)

LoL! Get a mouse for the kids.

cjtaylor0103
01-04-2008, 11:20 AM
I play CS:S and it's no good, my mouse is all shaky like I have an aim bot. lol

Hardest step is admitting it. Just uninstall the aimbot and we can all go on with our Friday. :banana: