PDA

View Full Version : Semester Grades Just In!

NightrainSrt4
01-03-2008, 06:51 PM
Just got my grades for this semester in college. All A's and one A-. The A- was in a course I was bored with and when I get bored I tend to slack off.

So now I am up to a 3.93GPA

Hopefully that will help with the bill and help me get some scholarships for next year. I made it through a semester with ease. That feels really good. Now I don't have to worry about my health holding me back like before my surgery. It feels good not to screw up because of something I can't control.

How did all of you guys do?

xRyokenx
01-03-2008, 07:01 PM
Congrats dude!

I got a 90 something in Psychology, and a D in each "Intro. to Computers" (Really just Intro. to M$ Office '07) and Expository Writing due to having ****ty teachers that killed my moral. I hate people that make you feel worthless... but that's a story for my blag, not a computer modding site.

I got ADD! Yay! ...hey look a bird! Ooh... webcam! Durka durka!

I'm taking some time off to work, get a car, and hopefully move out so I can have a home, not just mooch of people that don't like me. Oh yeah, and upgrade my PC beyond this crappy little GeForce 4400, lol.

jdbnsn
01-03-2008, 07:06 PM
Great Job!

NightrainSrt4
01-03-2008, 07:14 PM
Thanks guys.

Ryo, don't worry about it. All those Intro courses suck. I get so board sometimes that I just zone out in them. If I am not challenged I tend to not care. Your plan sounds like a good one. Hope everything turns out well for you. BTW I hated the office courses. So boring.

I was worried about how I would do in my java class as the teacher is VERY harsh on grading. There is 8 programs you have to write in the semester, a mid term and a final. Thats all you get graded on. Each program is only worth 50 points and each little mistake is atleast 15 points off. So ya, no room for any type of error.

Elenril
01-03-2008, 07:51 PM
Speak of the devil, I just woke up from a terrible nightmare that I got a UAI of 49! (My UAI estimate from school is 92, I'm aiming to get anything above 90.)

Great job NightrainSrt4 and Ryo :)

I did pretty well in my own yearly grades, I topped my multimedia class and my class rankings were all single digits except for english and maths, and my marks were all 85+. Now the hard work starts for my final year of high school!

chaksq
01-04-2008, 01:47 AM
First off congratulations.

I have trimesters at my school so I actually got my first semester grades around Thanksgiving. I think I did good for my first semester, 4 A and 2 B, GPA is a 3.555 so far. We don't have any +/- grades, just A,B,C,D,F.

My high school was weird as hell, they invented a grade, it was possible to get an E (for those who don't know most schools don't have E as a grade, F stands for Fail).

NightrainSrt4
01-04-2008, 03:16 AM
Ya, at my college you get E's if your too low. I think its kind of like an incomplete/F type of deal. You might get time to make it up or something, Idk. I don't know why its an E to be honest. And hopefully I won't have the displeasure of finding out. I just know we have em too! :p

simon275
01-04-2008, 03:45 AM
Speak of the devil, I just woke up from a terrible nightmare that I got a UAI of 49! (My UAI estimate from school is 92, I'm aiming to get anything above 90.)

I had dreams like that too.

Back when I did the HSC I was aiming for 80 and I got 85.6

weazel6265
01-05-2008, 04:58 PM
Not to brag, but since you asked, I'm still rockin' the 4.0, with ~ 2 yrs left until graduation with a BS/MS in CS from RIT

DaJe
01-05-2008, 05:05 PM
How did I do? I've been out of school for 2 years. I'll be starting on the 22nd though.

TheGreatSatan
01-05-2008, 06:55 PM
Got an A in Dreamweaver and a C in business. I actually scored 2 points lower than a C, but the teacher bumped it up to a C because she knew it was my last class! I'm finally all done with college!

jdbnsn
01-05-2008, 10:03 PM
Congrats to you too TGS! Maybe you can teach me how to use Dreamweaver some time.