PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know anything about duplicating CDs

luciusad2004
01-03-2008, 09:17 PM
I've recently discovered that the cd player in my car actually does work and was wondering if anybody could point me in the direction of good software to duplicate CDs. I'm not sure that my CD player plays MP3 CDs so i want to make an exact copy of my disks. I've never duplicated a disk so i have no clue what to do. Any recommendations for software? I use both Windows and Ubuntu so software for either operating system is fine. Preferably free.

Thanks for any help.

.Maleficus.
01-03-2008, 09:22 PM
K3b is the best burner I've ever used. < Ubuntu.

Deepburner is ugly but works. < Windows.

luciusad2004
01-03-2008, 09:27 PM
Thanks Mal, ill give the Linux software a try first... Everything just seems to run faster in Ubuntu.

Edit: Will k3b work well under gnome? I don't have KDE installed. The whole Desktop Environment specific software thing sort of confuses me.

calumc
01-03-2008, 09:44 PM
k3b will work fine but if you do want to keep with gtk apps brasereo works well as well

luciusad2004
01-03-2008, 11:55 PM
Thanks guys, K3b worked out fine. I figured i would ask since it is on my mind. Is there any benefit to using a GTK app instead of one meant for KDE?

Let the CD duplication commence.

calumc
01-04-2008, 07:46 AM
GTK apps will generally run a bit faster than a KDE app on a GTK system an will also take up less HDD space as all the KDE libraries arent required

.Maleficus.
01-04-2008, 08:35 AM
Yeah, it's mostly about having the libraries. If you have one KDE app, you have all the libraries, which take up space and consume resources (running GTK and qt instead of just GTK). K3b is still the best burner I've used.