PDA

View Full Version : Air Cooling - CPU stuff

niko7209
09-08-2005, 12:26 PM
hey

i was thinking about running a vent from my cpu cooler to my rear exhaust fan. i started reading stuff and got confused... the cpu fan takes hot air away from the cpu, right? so cpufan to rearexhaust would be correct? sorry for being a newb lol.

Malatory
09-08-2005, 01:13 PM
hey

i was thinking about running a vent from my cpu cooler to my rear exhaust fan. i started reading stuff and got confused... the cpu fan takes hot air away from the cpu, right? so cpufan to rearexhaust would be correct? sorry for being a newb lol.

reason you might be confused is bacause not all CPU fans blow air away from te HS. Some blow the air in to the heat sink.

It would be better have the CPU fan take the air from the HS and use its force to push it outside of the case. Presuming that you are using a HS w/Fan that blows way from the HS.

niko7209
09-08-2005, 04:17 PM
ok, so ill check which way my cpu fan is blowing first, and if its out, ill go on with the rest of this project.

another question: whats the best way to get the most accurate cpu temp? i.e., where should the sensor be placed?