PDA

View Full Version : Some MSPaint

Pointy_Stick
01-05-2008, 06:31 AM
Finding Photoshop to be hugely complicated for anything above basic photo manipulation, Most of my original digital is created in that most versatile of image editing suites, MSPaint! With that, I present my pixellated pictures. (As always, click for full {and much better} view).

Ferrari F430
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-12/900399/ferrari.gif

I really wish I could say I drew this from scratch, but I didn't. I took a image of the Net and traced the outline with the Curve tool and filled it in. This was just an experiment with tracing real world objects and it came out pretty good for an afternoon's work.

Mech
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-12/900399/mech.gif

This is my first piece of pixel art I ever did after I drew the main gun/arm in an Ancient History class and decided to draw it in Paint for laughs and it just grew from there.

Vash's Pistol (Trigun)
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-12/900399/trigun.gif

This is my favorite. I love the way the shadowing came together and even better, because I had a toy version of this pistol to copy, the picture is real-lifed size! Try it, hold your hand against the screen like you're holding it!

Anyway, that's me. If I do anymore I'll be sure to post them. Thanks.

xRyokenx
01-05-2008, 11:36 AM
That is sweet dude! Excellent work. I like your sig, by the way.

Hatshepsut
01-05-2008, 12:41 PM
Hey, some very nice work there indeed. :up:

noopypoop
01-05-2008, 02:24 PM
The car isnt too good.

Maybe you could learn a bit from this?:

vUWqRhReaZk

Scotty
01-05-2008, 03:11 PM
I love seeing what people do in MSPaint. If only i wasn't so lazy, but Photoshop just helps me :)

Omega
01-06-2008, 11:43 AM
The car isnt too good.

Maybe you could learn a bit from this?:

vUWqRhReaZk

Uh, his car is freaking phenomenal for what it is. It's not a crazy-super-detailed picture, it's pixel art.

In fact, all of that is a pretty bang-up job, mate.

Cheers.

noopypoop
01-06-2008, 11:58 AM
Uh, his car is freaking phenomenal for what it is. It's not a crazy-super-detailed picture, it's pixel art.

In fact, all of that is a pretty bang-up job, mate.

Cheers.
What i was saying was maybe he could learn from some of the techniques the guy does in the video to improve

Omega
01-06-2008, 12:04 PM
What i was saying was maybe he could learn from some of the techniques the guy does in the video to improve

And what I'm telling you is that the type of art he is doing is 100% precise. It's pixel art. Look it up. The lines are sharp like that for a reason.

noopypoop
01-06-2008, 12:05 PM
And what I'm telling you is that the type of art he is doing is 100% precise. It's pixel art. Look it up. The lines are sharp like that for a reason.
Oh.....

Pointy_Stick
01-07-2008, 05:31 AM
The lines are sharp like that for a reason.
Pretty much. I don't have the skill for that super detailed stuff, so I do more cartoony/flat images. Having said that, the car is my least favorite of those, and I only did it quickly, 3-4 hours or so, just to play around with the curve tool and tracing. If you really want to see some really fantastic pixel art, look up an artist named "Eboy". Amazing stuff.

Greco101
01-07-2008, 08:25 PM
I love seeing what people do in MSPaint. If only i wasn't so lazy, but Photoshop just helps me :)

It almost pisses me off to watch it because some people are just so damn good at it. I can barely get a straight stick figure in paint. :neutral: