PDA

View Full Version : ASUS Splitting Company Into 3 Parts.

The boy 4rm oz
01-06-2008, 07:31 PM
ASUSTeK plans to promote and build the ASUS brand by splitting it into three distinct units. The new ASUS will only produce ASUS-branded computers while the second company, Pegatron, will handle all original equipment manufacturer (OEM), motherboard, and component manufacturing. The third and final company Unihan, will concentrate on casing, module, and other non-PC manufacturing. Both Pegatron and Unihan are expected to continue the former ASUS manufacturing tasks with little to no dropoff or transition.

Original link:
http://www.techpowerup.com/?48744

Ok so basically the company we know as ASUS is being split into three parts (ASUS, Pegatron and Unihan).
Supposedly production will all be going the same way with very few changes to the way ASUS as a whole used to work.
ASUS will look after "ASUS" brand computers such as desktops and laptops.
Pegatron will look after the OEM manufacturing.
Unihan will look after basically everything else (cases etc.)

Hopefully we will still see the same ASUS build quality and ingenuity without any drop in performance and quality, a drop in price would also be good lol. Hopefully this works out for the company, it would be really bad to see them go under because they take up a big part of the market and in most cases set the standard for other manufacturers.

Greco101
01-06-2008, 09:07 PM
more tax write off or what? What was their motive?

The boy 4rm oz
01-06-2008, 09:59 PM
more tax write off or what? What was their motive?

I wouldn't have a clue mate, I just found this article and thought it was interesting and posted it. Maybe they were feeling that the company was getting too big to be run under a single name so they split it up so each part could specialize on a certain segment of overall production and research.

Omega
01-06-2008, 10:04 PM
I read Unihan as Uniham. Hehe.

The boy 4rm oz
01-06-2008, 10:07 PM
Thats exactly what I did the first time I saw it lol, weird names huh (Pegatron and Unihan).

NightrainSrt4
01-06-2008, 11:27 PM
Maybe they are planning on being more ambitious in a certain segment and if one portion fails it won't affect the entire company as every thing is handled completely separate. That would make the most sense to me.

Now people are going to get all confused though. People who don't keep up are going to be like who the heck is pegatron???? lol

Quakken
01-06-2008, 11:31 PM
PEGATRON!!!!

yeah.

exactly.

I can't wait to buy a pegatron mobo.

Then, i could put a big PEGATRON sticker on my case.

Omega
01-06-2008, 11:59 PM
The PEGATRON logo better be done in the Tron font.

The boy 4rm oz
01-07-2008, 01:45 AM
From what I gathered (from reading the discussions under the article attached to the link in the first post) the retail motherboards and GPUs will still be ASUS. For example it will still be an ASUS Striker Extreme not a Pegatron Striker Extreme. However, if you buy a HP or Dell PC with an ASUS motherboard inside it will have a Pegatron label on it instead of ASUS.

Ap1thy
01-10-2008, 12:01 AM
i hope so, the last thing i need is my motherboard sounding like a name from (pokeman?) from back in the day XD

Drum Thumper
01-10-2008, 04:25 AM
i hope so, the last thing i need is my motherboard sounding like a name from (pokeman?) from back in the day XD

Or Megatron's abused little brother... :D

DaJe
01-10-2008, 05:35 AM
So now I'll have a rare Asus made motherboard, eh.

simon275
01-10-2008, 07:20 AM
Or Megatron's abused little brother... :D

Haha rofl made my day. +rep