PDA

View Full Version : Keyboard mod

jyhad21
03-29-2005, 05:36 AM
I'm watchin hackers right now (for the millionth time), and I was wondering if anyone out there has ever painted a keyboard, they way they did in hackers (it was stenciled camo, painted right over teh keys). I, have often thought of painting over all the letters on my keyboard but I would forget where all teh symbols are.

ZeD
03-31-2005, 01:28 AM
bad and very stupid idea to do it that way because they hold the can on it long enough that paint would end up sticking to the underside of the keys and probably end up crunching up under the keys after it dried. Best best, remove all the keys and paint the bezel. I saw a place selling colored keys a while back to fit most standard keyboards.

Silversliver116
03-31-2005, 03:06 PM
well thats y u use masking tape to cover areas u dont want to be painted, it takes a bit of effort and a few trys but it should work.

_drunk_
03-31-2005, 05:41 PM
No, ZeD is definately right on this. Different designs aside, you don't want to go to the trouble of painting anything just to have it mess up later. Moreover, you don't want crunched paint chips all in the bottom of your keyboard. Take the keys off, do it nice and slow and it will look and work very good.

Aegypticus
03-31-2005, 09:49 PM
Plus, no matter how careful you are, there is no way you could make painted keys look as good as stock without way more effort than it is worth.

_drunk_
04-01-2005, 01:47 AM
It's always worth the effort...