PDA

View Full Version : help buying router

ilambat
01-14-2008, 04:41 AM
HEY people just need your lots help..i just bought a laptopn recently and i was thinking if you lot can advice me on which router to buy i want something that doesnt compramise my 20mb internet speed i am using cable connection for my net...

i was thinking belkin coz of the warranty they give but i have no idea wich one is better...anyone recommend me ny plzz

thanks

SgtM
01-14-2008, 09:02 AM
Wired or wireless?

mtekk
01-14-2008, 11:17 AM
If you have a 20Mbit cable internet connection (lucky you, I only get 8Mbit), you'll want to look for a router that has gigabit Ethernet ports (these typically have a 100M internet port verses others that have a 10M which would slow your connection (I think if the ratings are the same)). I like the Linksys routers (They are made by Cisco and I did a few CCNA courses in High School), most of their Pre-N/Wireless N routers should do the trick. The WRT330N (or higher number such as WRT350N and WRT600N) has gigabit Ethernet plus 802.11B/G/N wireless and is a very good router. I have the WRT600N, it is overkill, but a vast improvement over the WRT54G that I had previously.