PDA

View Full Version : Crysis tis pretty

simon275
01-17-2008, 05:49 AM
So since I now have a reasonable system I went out and bought Crysis today. Really pretty game. I left the deafult 1024x768 went to settings suggest and it put it high across the board. Left the AA as I had heard how much of a graphics whore this game is and I got into it.

What can I say. The mechanic of using the suit is brilliant. You can be stealthy and snipe but if they get to close go in to strong mode and starting wacking them. Your health go down no problem just stealth and retreat to cover. The environment is so lush. Sometimes to lush and you can't find weapons dead enemys have dropped. As you have to be looking right at it to pick it up and you can't see due to all the undergrowth.

Also in a fire fight having palm trees falling everywhere is neat to. My favorite tatic is to sneak up to an encampent stealthy kill the guards then jump on the roof of a building and collapse on some guys in side.

As I type this the game is running in the background. Currently my system is using 1.31gb of ram and the 4 processors are hardly working. So far I have had no slow down what so ever. I guess as you start bumping up the resolution the game gets more intensive.

There is also multiplayer to. Can't wait to check it out! So who here has Crysis?

Now back to it and off to the excavation site!

mtekk
01-17-2008, 11:05 AM
I received Crysis for Christmas, beat it by the end of the week (causally playing it). It looked great and ran on my machine which doesn't quite meet the minimum requirements. I'd love to see it running at medium settings, because at low it looked better than any other game I've played. At the time, I had 1.5 GiB of ram and it used about 1GB of it. I did a ton of toying around with the enemy in the game. The stupidest thing I did was in one of the valleys you had to go a long ways, so I decided to use the boosted speed mode (to get from here to there faster), long story short I ended up passing a large group of N. Koreans and suddenly found myself in between two groups that all swarmed me, taking them one at a time was the key.

One thing I liked was that the enemy never just appeared (at lest in the case of the N. Koreans), they were always in a building or something so they could be picked off more or less in smaller groups instead of having the lot of them swarm on you.

Scotty
01-17-2008, 03:10 PM
You're only at the start further through the game it gets more graphically intense, i actually had to drop my settings from Very High/High mix to High/Medium mix, to push just over 30FPS... >.<

Spawn-Inc
01-17-2008, 04:36 PM
i preordered that game as soon as i found out about it, love it but i still have to finish it.

You're only at the start further through the game it gets more graphically intense, i actually had to drop my settings from Very High/High mix to High/Medium mix, to push just over 30FPS... >.<

i'm in the zero gravity part and had to lower some settings but i also went from 1024x786 to 1280x1024. and while i love my setup it just can't handle that on full medium.

simon275
01-17-2008, 04:54 PM

You have an 8800gtx :eek:. What resolution where you running it at when you had to turn some of the settings down to medium?

Scotty
01-17-2008, 06:35 PM
Yea that low gravity area is a pain, graphically and gameplaily. (i know that's not a word)

I got out and went down the mountain (wont say anything else, don't want to ruin it) And i just can't do it.

Si, im at 1680x1050, although i do always have a second monitor on too thats 1280x1024, my GTX is also overclocked @ 630MHz, needs more volts to be artifact free above that :( 1920Mhz memory, shaders at 1464Mhz...

Chewy_Solo
01-17-2008, 07:19 PM
i have the special edition xD

ive been following this game since about 7 months before release, i was in the beta for it but the MP i thought was lame.... well im replaying it through again now so maybe ill get back into it

Quakken
01-17-2008, 11:57 PM
Bethesda needs to make their next elder scrolls with these graphics and physics, think about how amazing that game would be

xRyokenx
01-18-2008, 12:03 AM
Quakken: I was thinking the same exact thing. The Crytek 2.0 Engine kicks ass! Imagine running from an ogre into an inn and the thing busts the front half of the inn open! That'd be one hell of a battle.

simon275
01-18-2008, 02:42 AM
Quakken: I was thinking the same exact thing. The Crytek 2.0 Engine kicks ass! Imagine running from an ogre into an inn and the thing busts the front half of the inn open! That'd be one hell of a battle.

Yeah that would be intense. I have noticed a few glitches. When a weapon drops from a dead guy they can half go through the floor and vibrate. Also the level when the tanks come into the town. I shot a rocket and it hit the tank and some drums blew up. The tank lifted up into the air and was sitting upside down floating and it was still alive.

Yeah 1024x768 is fine for me.

What style do you guys play the game? I play it like a tactical shooter e.g. Rainbow Six, Flashpoint etc. Instead of playing it like Halo or Quake. So I go strength to steady my aim and snipe a few guys. Then when they organize and a mob of them come at me. I run to a choke point and pick em off one by one with heat shots.

Spawn-Inc
01-18-2008, 03:20 AM
i have noticed the gun halfway through the table thing as well. i had to smash the table.

i play pray and spray but mainly sniper styles. i love trying to shoot as far as possible and seeing if i can hit them.

simon275
01-18-2008, 04:50 AM
i have noticed the gun halfway through the table thing as well. i had to smash the table.

i play pray and spray but mainly sniper styles. i love trying to shoot as far as possible and seeing if i can hit them.

Yeah when I can't seem to hit them I just charge them with flash bangs and frags then pray and spray.

Scotty
01-18-2008, 09:11 AM
I cloak up, sneak into a building, then use the building as my cover whilst picking them off through the windows and doors.

Or for the fun of it clock up, pick a guy up then throw im into some of his friends :D

simon275
01-19-2008, 11:25 PM
Seriously that zero gravity level sucked. I kept getting so disorientated. Finally I hace come out of the cold zone and linked up with the marines in the cafe. This is one long game compared to other first person shooters of late.

xRyokenx
01-19-2008, 11:29 PM
I loved the zero gravity... that was the best part! I wish they had a multiplayer map like that...

simon275
01-20-2008, 06:25 AM
I loved the zero gravity... that was the best part! I wish they had a multiplayer map like that...

Like it was cool for the first five minutes and I was like hey this is trippy. Then it just got plain annoying.

Scotty
01-20-2008, 08:57 AM
Agreed i kept going round in circles.

xRyokenx
01-20-2008, 01:21 PM
I started floating around and was like "hey this is ****ing sweet!" I figured out how to kill the aliens to, when they're coming at you shotgun them and then strafe out of the way... ever since playing that part I've wanted to have no gravity in my room but there'd be crap floating everywhere the way this room is... lol. I was a little sad when it ended.

Spawn-Inc
01-22-2008, 08:29 PM
ever since playing that part I've wanted to have no gravity in my room but there'd be crap floating everywhere the way this room is... lol. I was a little sad when it ended.

ME 2! haha when ever i have been laying down on the couch and i have to bring something up i would love to just float upstairs, it would be awesome!

but i didn't like that part in the game, it was neat at first but i got lost to many times.

crenn
01-22-2008, 11:35 PM
We should have a TBCS crysis match!
I'll pwn all of you!
btw, MP and SP are 2 different ball games.

For all those wondering, I run 1024x768 on full medium. I can't wait for a new graphics card.... I seriously need one because currently I'm being 'held' back.

danthegeek
01-27-2008, 03:11 PM
I think my favorite part of the game is single player. This is because you can play it however you like. You can go in an plow them down with the shotgun or hide in bushes picking them off one at a time. I have beaten it twice on normal, once on hard, and now working on Delta. It just dosent get old.:D

BTW, which style do you guys play? Loud or stealthy? Myself, I like to sneak in and kill them one at a time without setting off alarms. That means 6 men, 6 bullets.;)

-dan

HackSore
01-27-2008, 04:30 PM

I cant say i have had that problem at all.

One thing that does really annoy me about the game though is that on more then one occasion, i have been killed trying to walk past something, like a small bit of debris on the floor or whatever, just doesnt seem inportant, then all of a sudden, im dead!

Apart from that and some dodgy suttering frame rates, i gotta admit, im really impressed with it, it really is a fantastic game, i didnt think i was gonna enjoy it as much as i am.

xRyokenx
02-03-2008, 12:15 AM
Got it up and running again and this game is just as fun as I remember... yay for the SMG! That thing is awesome for picking people off with around corners and such. Sniping is fun too since you don't have to hit them right between the eyes to make the kill... only thing I hate is those danged Koreans with nanosuits, what a pain in the ass to kill... especially when they have miniguns.

Indybird
02-03-2008, 12:28 AM
I got Crysis two days after it came out; the guy at the Circuit City near me said that they had only sold 3 copies since its release, ouch.

Once I got it installed I found myself running @ 1680x1050 Medium~High Custom settings w/ no AA and I was running around 25-35 fps. After the patch I was running at mostly high w/ some (w/ file mods) DX10 effects turned on to get the DX10 look without the DX10 laaag. At those settings I was running about ~25.

I got Crysis running at all DirectX 9 high w/ most DX10 settings turned on thru config file mods @ 1920x1200 w/ no AA and got about 30fps on my friend's new comp: Q6600 2.4 (Underclocked to 1.86GHz, problem w/ mobo), 2GB DDR2 RAM, 8800GT 512MB. We compared some screenshots we took between my custom graphics settings and everything on full and we really couldn't tell the difference. Except with everything on full (no AA still), he only got 18fps avg.

I think that even when I get the uber-powerful 9800GX2, I still won't just crank all of the settings to "Very High". I'll probably use the same settings as on my friends computer but see if I can possibly squeeze some AA in.

-Indybird

Bopher
02-03-2008, 12:28 AM
I've only played the demo and loved it. It is on my wish list for B-Day. As well as the orange box, Supreme Commander, Battlefield 2142, etc etc etc.. lol

I loved the suit interaction. My problem was my mouse battery was low so in the heaviest times my mouse would stop for a second.

xRyokenx
02-03-2008, 12:31 AM
I picked it up on launch day, preordered it and waited there and chatted with the staff at GameStop while waiting for it to arrive. Still haven't beaten it, had to restart and I'm currently at the part right before you go into the mine... the start of that level.

Scotty
02-05-2008, 01:39 PM
I think i shouldn't have set mine to Delta mode :P Im out in the ice, just crosssed the bridge as the ship thing flys above. Then i gave up because i got to the AA and i kept dying.

xRyokenx
02-05-2008, 04:49 PM
Do you get the various scopes on Delta? If not then it's a load of bull****, lol.

crenn
02-05-2008, 08:53 PM
You get the scopes on delta. I know because I finished the game on delta.

xRyokenx
02-05-2008, 09:00 PM
Cool. It just said "simple iron sights" so I figured it might take your scopes away. I do like how it gets rid of crosshairs though... by the way, does it reduce your armor's ability to absorb bullets or anything? Or does it just make the AIs smarter and all?