PDA

View Full Version : Were to get SCSI HDD Enclosures

killergamer
01-17-2008, 11:22 PM
Ok so my grandma (not the best at computers) went out and bought a new hard drive the problem was the idiot that was trying to help her totaly riped her off and told her the wrong thing... She was told she needed a SCSI Hard drive so she bought a 10,000RPM Fujitsu hard drive and then It was on some kinda dumb thing were she cant return it and so she is just going to send it to me. I dont have a SCSI card or anything to use it with so I was just wondering if there is any SCSI HDD enclosures that are recommended?

I am so mad, and yet happy at the same time.

.Maleficus.
01-17-2008, 11:27 PM
You might as well just buy a SCSI card. It'll be cheaper and look better.

killergamer
01-17-2008, 11:32 PM
All the one I have seen are over $100 and I don't have that money to spend I was hoping the enclosures are cheaper.

.Maleficus.
01-18-2008, 10:59 AM
I'm pretty sure you can't even buy a SCSI to USB/Firewire enclosure.

Newegg had a SCSI controller for $68.

Airbozo
01-18-2008, 01:17 PM
Post the model number and I may have a scsi card you can have for shipping cost. Depends on the model though.

I do know there are external enclosures on the market and one that would convert to USB or even Iscsi (ethernet based), are extremely expensive. Probably more than you spent for your computer.

John5247
04-15-2008, 03:05 PM
Hi - check out ebay for an adaptec card.
External SCSI enclosures still require a card in your PC - you may as well put the drive inside. Beware that SCSI comes in 64 flavours depending how old / young it is. They all have different connectors and speeds.
much cheer
John