PDA

View Full Version : The HP Amp

Uncle Humjaba
09-16-2005, 03:05 PM
In summary: HP Pavilion 8396 --> Crate GX30 Guitar Amplifier

In story:
Ok, so my friend has this 5 year old guitar amplifier that doesn't work anymore. I have this 8 year old HP Pavilion 8396 (looks much like the ones Defyant starts with). It works as good as new, but we have no use for it, so it was destined for the dump

One day while I was dozing off in school, it hit me. "Why not put the computer in the amp?" At first I kept the idea to myself, thinking it was "nerdy". But I told my friend about it, and he was just as excited about it as me. Yay. From there, the ideas just kept flowing. "Lets build speakers into it!" "We could replace the front where the speaker could be with an LCD screen!" "Put plexiglass in the back with a cold cathode under it!"

But we start out simple. So we're just going to get it in there and working before we pimpify it.

I'm not good at these worklog things (I like to get it done as fast as possible; don't stop to take pics) so sorry in advance.

Uncle Humjaba
09-16-2005, 03:08 PM
Hmm. Every time i try to add to this, i get this message:

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@thebestcasescenario.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/1.3.33 Server at www.thebestcasescenario.com Port 80

dgrmkrp
09-16-2005, 03:41 PM
nice idea... about the errors.. i got them too... maybe you are using some host server that this server doesn't like :) ... ok, nice idea... i'm into amps and speakers... big ones... so, a PC in an amp..intriguing :) good luck and my the mod gods be at your side.. i'll be :)

Uncle Humjaba
09-18-2005, 12:47 PM
Well. first thing I did was take the distortion box out of the amp. It's amazing how simple these things are. Then, we take the actual speaker out. Then, out comes the actual amplifier and along with it all the knobs and switches from the front panel (damn, I was hoping I could keeps those for the authentic look. I may just cut them off from the board they're sticking to and keep them on there for looks). All that's left of the amplifier is a wooden box with some mesh on the front.

Uncle Humjaba
09-20-2005, 03:23 PM
On account of the fact that a) I'm lazy, b) I cant seem to find my camera cord, and c) I cant post my log for some reason, I'm just going to post the finished thing instead of a worklog.

Cheers,
Humjaba

Malatory
09-20-2005, 03:55 PM
That error message tends to be from a bad cookie ... try logging out and clearing cache and History.