PDA

View Full Version : Running a Webserver

.Maleficus.
01-22-2008, 09:15 PM
Well, I just got my site back up, and I thought I'd make a tutorial out of the process. Here it is, my work of about 4 days. Running a Webserver.

http://arcanesystems.com/index.php/General-Networking-Guides/Running-a-Webserver.html

Hope this helps someone, or gets them thinking about starting a website. This is the first half of the tutorial, about getting Joomla! on a dedicated server, and learning a little of cPanel and a few other things. Enjoy.

SgtM
01-22-2008, 11:14 PM
cPanel, fantastico, Joomla! All very good stuff. You even got the latest and greatest.. cPanel 11. Too bad it costs so damn much or I would be running it on my home server.

Helix666
01-23-2008, 05:26 PM
nice tut.

I set my web-server* up a few weeks ago, the 'hardcore' way, and I have to say, using Joomla looks a lot easier than the way I did it.

*ok, so it's not the greatest server in the world, but I like it.

tinker
01-24-2008, 07:10 PM
nice tut!
I'll look at in more detail in a bit.

halcyonforever
10-06-2008, 09:21 AM
Arrgh,

Ye link appears to be broken, parhaps internet pirates have struck again.

(sorry had a pirate movie marathon weekend)

Crazy Buddhist
10-08-2008, 09:55 PM
I think your DNS records have been screwed with Mal, pointing to a domain parking company.

CrazyB

.Maleficus.
10-09-2008, 07:40 AM
Hehe, that's no error, my domain name expired and I have no time nor the will to do anything about it right now. I may or may not work on it in the future, but right now I have other plans for a website (Python/Django are key parts).