View Full Version : What is this?

09-17-2005, 12:24 PM
My dad found this at the garbage can, and I took it and tried plugging it everywhere but it wouldn't work, and I have no idea what it is or what does it do? I need help, anyone?

http://img331.imageshack.us/img331/493/weirdstuff5ib.th.jpg (http://img331.imageshack.us/my.php?image=weirdstuff5ib.jpg)

It has one of them headphone jacks and at the other end 2 LED's.

http://img331.imageshack.us/img331/4605/micplug2ek.th.jpg (http://img331.imageshack.us/my.php?image=micplug2ek.jpg)

09-17-2005, 01:06 PM
looks like some sort of IR transmitter

09-18-2005, 05:42 PM
What do you mean?

09-18-2005, 06:16 PM
the LEDs look lie infa-red LEDs. Like a remote control or something. For and old PDA probally.

09-18-2005, 09:23 PM
most likely for an old VCR, i had a vcr that had a cord 100% identical to that one.

10-11-2006, 04:15 PM
The flat pieces get 2 sided tape and get mounted so that their beams hit your cable box's electronic eye...
The plug goes into the back of your TiVo...

When you change chanels on the TiVo, it sends a signal so that your cable box channel gets changed.