PDA

View Full Version : Early Version of Windows 7 Leaked

J-Roc
01-29-2008, 01:46 PM
Windows 7 is the follow-up to Windows Vista, and Microsoft has said it would likely be released in late 2009 or early 2010. Through its public relations firm Monday, Microsoft would not confirm that an early version went out to OEMs, despite reports in the blogosphere to the contrary. The company said it is not ready to discuss any specifics on the next version of Windows 7 and is instead focused on continued adoption of Vista.

Full Article (http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/141917/bloggers_early_version_of_windows_7_leaked.html)

You Tube Video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-crFaYLW-xk)

-crFaYLW-xk

Luke122
01-29-2008, 02:42 PM
Well, they have to do something to regain some of their image.. Vista has left a bad taste in the mouths of consumers, and unless MS is willing to satisfy peoples demands, there will be more and more people converting from MS to alternatives.

Fuganater
01-29-2008, 02:44 PM
Its supposed to be a beefy version of Vista. I really like Vista but with the Windows 7 "update" it will be even better.

Aero
01-29-2008, 03:16 PM
I don't even have Vista, and already there's a replacement! Ok, now the tech industry is moving way too fast.

Sounds cool though, especially seeing as how many people hate Vista with a passion.

Luke122
01-29-2008, 03:43 PM
I think that Vista is going to be the next WinMe.

XcOM
01-29-2008, 04:31 PM
yea, i agree that vista is another windows ME,

But i think that youtube video is fake, look at the build number, thats a 6 series kernal, thats windows Vista with someone hacking away at the system files, i could make my system look like windows 7 if i had the images or time to make some, and hack at the system files. and im running XP

Fuganater
01-29-2008, 05:05 PM
Vista....next WinME???? Why do you think that? I now have vista on all of my computers and it runs GREAT! I mean... you do have to have a decent computer to run it but it runs great. With Vista Ultimate SP1 on my modded computer... it boots in about a minute. Runs games great and is more secure that XP every was or will be.

J-Roc
01-29-2008, 05:22 PM
The article explains everything. It is possible that its a hoax video but MS has released that there will be a Windows 7 in 2009-2010.

noopypoop
01-29-2008, 05:31 PM
yea, i agree that vista is another windows ME,

But i think that youtube video is fake, look at the build number, thats a 6 series kernal, thats windows Vista with someone hacking away at the system files, i could make my system look like windows 7 if i had the images or time to make some, and hack at the system files. and im running XP

Just like I made XP look like leopard :)

I saw this on another site, the screenshot just looked like vista with a windows 7 banner on the "about this pc"

jdbnsn
01-29-2008, 07:33 PM
The story I heard when Vista was released is that Vista is actually sort of an incomplete or unfinished version of the win7

Greco101
01-29-2008, 08:02 PM
Vista....next WinME???? Why do you think that? I now have vista on all of my computers and it runs GREAT! I mean... you do have to have a decent computer to run it but it runs great. With Vista Ultimate SP1 on my modded computer... it boots in about a minute. Runs games great and is more secure that XP every was or will be.

WinME came out for a VERY short period of time only to be replaced by XP. Almost short enough to call it a scam. M$ has made TONS of money from Vista already and instead of counting this "7 ultimate" as an update... they're making you pay for another OS all over again.

Bill Gates makes 300 dollars a second for a reason. :down: They're scam artists.

I'm sticking with XP until I'm absolutely forced to upgrade which won't be for a long long while since XP is good for 99% of games and as far as I know 100% of apps.

EDIT: Almost forgot... That video could easily be fake. It doesn't take much effort at all to edit Windows.

Quakken
01-29-2008, 08:31 PM
If only software manufacturers would start releasing more consumer linux stuff. Then we wouldn't HAVE to worry about this.

Greco101
01-29-2008, 08:34 PM
If only they'd release an xp distribution dx10 compatible. Most of us would be in heaven.

chaksq
01-29-2008, 10:28 PM
Vista is better than ME although still probably end up a scam. It runs well but I still have frequent issues with the wireless on my laptop only connecting when it wants to, might be fixed with SP1 or something like that
That video posted is a reg edited Vista hoax in my opinion but Windows 7 probably isn't. If Windows 7 is even more bloated the reason for releasing Vista is so people might actually be able to run it, 7 will probably be even more unforgiving.

Random thought but M$'s naming scheme for Windows makes no sense to me at all anymore.

I can't stand dealing with M$ at all.

silverdemon
01-30-2008, 05:20 AM
There is a thing called windows 7, in the video (about virtual machines) Eric Traut speaks of it:

rcsAoLsU3vY

crenn
01-30-2008, 09:37 AM
A lot of problems with vista is the user using it isn't used to it. All vista problems I've had I've solved simply. Including where my laptop may not connect to a wireless network. Disabled IPv6 (Which my router doesn't support) and suddenly I never had a problem with connecting to a wireless network.

chaksq
01-30-2008, 02:14 PM
A lot of problems with vista is the user using it isn't used to it. All vista problems I've had I've solved simply. Including where my laptop may not connect to a wireless network. Disabled IPv6 (Which my router doesn't support) and suddenly I never had a problem with connecting to a wireless network.
I have Vista running better than my schools tech support people. The wireless issues are far more complex than a simple home router. I connect to a massive wireless network with probably hundreds of routers on my rather large college campus. Sometimes it works sometimes not quite perfect. I'm actually using it right now.

Nick_Black
01-30-2008, 02:19 PM
If only they'd release an xp distribution dx10 compatible. Most of us would be in heaven.

I think I found an article somewhere where you can e-program XP to handle dx10.. but I havent tried it myself yet....

and waching that vid, y cant m$ sell just the core for the more nerdy user?

J-Roc
01-30-2008, 03:25 PM
Judging from that video, Win7 is going to consume a lot less system resources. I like how he mentions that the kernal is more streamlined and "lighter" than previous versions.

I'm also asuming that its true 64bit with non of the 32bit junk. Vista is probly a marketing ploy to get people used to the 64bit tech while allowing them to retain there 32bit hardware. Since you cant even buy a 32bit proc anymore, it seems likely the reason.

poisonreap
01-30-2008, 04:43 PM
is that video real? looks like some boot screen edits and stuff of vista

silverdemon
01-30-2008, 06:30 PM
is that video real? looks like some boot screen edits and stuff of vista

I can obviously not say that I am sure it is real, but I'm 99% sure it is real. The person in the video is showing stuff about virtual PCs, not specifically windows 7. Also if you follow the link to the youtube site you can see that this video is from november 2007, not something made up last week...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcsAoLsU3vY

All I can say for sure is that microsoft has been working on next windows, and they did so for som time now, and I really think this video shows it for the first time.

[edited typo...]

crenn
01-30-2008, 06:47 PM
I have Vista running better than my schools tech support people. The wireless issues are far more complex than a simple home router. I connect to a massive wireless network with probably hundreds of routers on my rather large college campus. Sometimes it works sometimes not quite perfect. I'm actually using it right now.

When you move to a more complex network, it may not be Vista issues causing the problem. My university network is made of several access points covering the entire campus. We also have to log into this network with 3rd party supporting hardware. Throughout the year, the majority of problems I had where with the 3rd party software, and sometimes the wireless network being worked on. Even WinXP users can experience similar problems on such networks. ;)

TheGreatSatan
02-02-2008, 10:15 PM
They should just call it Vista SP2. It LOOKS like Vista

Quakken
02-02-2008, 10:49 PM
It can look like vista without any of the crunk juice that currently sucks on vista.