PDA

View Full Version : Flickering and dim LED fan???

Dooley
01-30-2008, 03:26 PM
I have just put a new case together and its running 2 12cm LED fans and 1 14cm fan 1 12cm normal fan all running together and one of the LED fans is dimmer and flickering, can anyone tell me if this is because voltage and what to do?

Cheers Tom

Spawn-Inc
01-30-2008, 03:58 PM
i don't seen why only 1 fan would do it if its a voltage/amperage problem. the wiring might be broken or on its way. one of the wires for my CCFL's is on its way and it will sometimes be dim when i turn it on. test it on another computer psu or completely take all the load off the current psu and run just the fan. jump the green wire on the 20/24pin connector to a black wire or to the ground (same thing).

OvRiDe
01-30-2008, 04:33 PM
Is the fan plugged into a motherboard header or is it plugged directly into the power supply?

Are you running some sort of "Cool and Quit" style of technology?

When I run Speedfan that will automatically control fan speed based on temperature, My LED case fan will be dim until it kicks the speed up to full.

Just a few things to check, hope this helps.

Dooley
01-30-2008, 06:17 PM
Its currently plugged into the MB on Case Fan 1 slot. Ill give it a go connected to a molex I think.

Spawn-Inc
01-30-2008, 10:27 PM
now that i know it's been connected to the motherboard it is most likely temperature controlled by the motherboard and there for being fed lower voltages and not enough to fully power the led's. moving it to the psu directly will most likely fix the problem.

Dooley
01-31-2008, 01:56 PM
I have connected it to PSU now and it seems to have fixed the LED problem but the fan is spinning a bit slower now though but its fine.

Thanks everyone

Tom