PDA

View Full Version : XP Sabotaged

xRyokenx
01-30-2008, 07:45 PM
Is anyone else having random problems with XP? I can't uninstall/reinstall Oblivion after it's been messing up... I had that crap where the Zune software didn't work... is M$ sabotaging XP or something so that everyone is forced to upgrade to Vista or downgrade to like Moron Edition?

crenn
01-30-2008, 08:56 PM
I haven't been having problems with XP at all.

.Maleficus.
01-30-2008, 08:59 PM
None here.

jdbnsn
01-30-2008, 09:47 PM
Is anyone else having random problems with XP? I can't uninstall/reinstall Oblivion after it's been messing up... I had that crap where the Zune software didn't work... is M$ sabotaging XP or something so that everyone is forced to upgrade to Vista or downgrade to like Moron Edition?

Me either, but that is an interesting idea, hell of a way to increase upgrades. Do you really think that M$ would be that greedy? :think: What am I saying, of course they would.

Drum Thumper
01-30-2008, 10:24 PM
Me either, but that is an interesting idea, hell of a way to increase upgrades. Do you really think that M$ would be that greedy? :think: What am I saying, of course they would.

Now the truth comes out: Jon is really Mr. G!:D:D:D

xRyokenx
01-30-2008, 11:44 PM
Wouldn't his first name be Bill? :think:

The funny thing is that Vista has its little problems too... I dunno, I think I have to reinstall freakin' XP again... or try a repair... we'll see how things go tomorrow, I've been sick as hell and sick of living where I'm at (I has a blag, it stays there).

jdbnsn
01-31-2008, 12:26 AM

pfft...I wish. It's unfortunate that you are pretty much forced to keep upgrading because it takes so long to get these OS's stable (at least for me it does). It took me a couple of months to get XP working tip top and I installed it way later than most. Now it runs perfectly, just in time to lose support and move on to the next level of instability and price range.

Drum Thumper
01-31-2008, 03:53 PM
pfft...I wish. It's unfortunate that you are pretty much forced to keep upgrading because it takes so long to get these OS's stable (at least for me it does). It took me a couple of months to get XP working tip top and I installed it way later than most. Now it runs perfectly, just in time to lose support and move on to the next level of instability and price range.

Get yourself a copy of linux! ubuntu ftw!

TheGreatSatan
01-31-2008, 03:55 PM
I had the same problem with C&C. I had to Fresh Install XP before C&C worked.

IndyRacer27
01-31-2008, 07:50 PM
...showthread.php?t=11970 (http://www.thebestcasescenario.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11970)
It seems this isn't the first time your XP got messed up. I'm guessing some software you install keeps screwing it up.

Get yourself a copy of linux! ubuntu ftw!

just in time to lose support and move on to the next level of instability and price range.
Even new linux distro versions sometimes have stability issues. However, you can't beat the price of free, and the problems are usually fixed quickly.

xRyokenx
01-31-2008, 07:52 PM
Might be... just need to figure out what is was... I'll have to try and think of what it could be.