PDA

View Full Version : What to use to make a mold?

Odysseus 011
09-19-2005, 06:43 PM
I recently just started my first mod (other than cutting a window). I decided to sculpt a face/head from Super sculpey for part of my case. I put about 12-14 hours of work into it and do not want to ruin it with test painting. I decided that I should make a mold of it and then cast replicas of the original to use. I looked around for materials but am afraid that if I use the wrong material it may bond to the original sculpture and/or possibly have some kind of weird chemical reaction witht the super sculpey.

Does anyone have advice on what to use to make the mold and relief of the original sculpture?

Zeus
09-19-2005, 10:11 PM
First, welcome to the forum. Sorry I can't help you with your question as I know nothing about this area myself. There are many others on this forum, however, that do.

Second, though very important, please post your question on only ONE section. You will find yourself up against more flaming then help by not abiding these rules. Please make note of this for the future.

Thank you,
-Zeus

Odysseus 011
09-19-2005, 11:04 PM
Sorry, was unaware of the proper place to post it.

crazybillybob
09-19-2005, 11:06 PM
I posted a answer in your other thread.

Please save me time and don't post the same Q's in two threads.....Now if you post some thing and 4 days later you still don't have any replies then it's understandable but try not to do it the same day!Go here for your answer! (http://thebestcasescenario.com/forum/showthread.php?p=13565#post13565)

Crazybillybob

Odysseus 011
09-20-2005, 12:39 AM
I posted a answer in your other thread.

Please save me time and don't post the same Q's in two threads.....Now if you post some thing and 4 days later you still don't have any replies then it's understandable but try not to do it the same day!Go here for your answer! (http://thebestcasescenario.com/forum/showthread.php?p=13565#post13565)

Crazybillybob
Ahh, thanks for the reply. And if your wondering where your five minutes went look up and you will see that I posted an apology in reply to Zeus' post 3 minutes prior to your second (both longer and unecessary) posting. :eek:

crazybillybob
09-20-2005, 09:29 AM
Sorry,
Your post had not displayed when I started typing. Just tring to cut down on double posts.

Crazybillybob