PDA

View Full Version : fatal error:fileproxy

knightyc
02-05-2008, 07:30 PM
Hey guys.

just finished upgrading my wifes pc from xp to vista ultimate and got a strange problem when opening my computer it freezes and comes up with the error a fatal error has occured: fileproxy.

has anyone seen this before and know how to fix it

Cheers

Chris

Eclecticos
02-05-2008, 07:57 PM
Do you have Allaire HomeSite 4.5 or Cold Fusion installed on your computer?

knightyc
02-05-2008, 08:37 PM
no got neither of them on it

Luke122
02-05-2008, 08:47 PM
Hmm.. Did you have multiple user accounts on that machine in XP? If so, I wonder if having a users files set to private might cause this.. it would be unable to access the folders, as the owner account no longer exists. (XP)

Can you boot the computer into safe mode?

knightyc
02-05-2008, 11:16 PM
it does boot but when clicking on my computer icon is when the error happens. she did have another account wich when ever she pressed ctrl alt del is said she didnt have the rights of admin even tho was an admion account. i think ill just have to do a total format :(

Luke122
02-06-2008, 11:59 AM
Well, as long as you have a backup of all your data, that would be the easiest way to get things up to 100%.

If you boot into safemode, can you open "my computer"?

doug91
02-11-2008, 10:01 PM
This was a problem for lots of people I remember reading about. Upgrading from XP never completely works. The two Operating systems are so different. You're gonna have to back up all your files.

but BE CAREFUL, depending on what you bought/recieved, some Vista upgrade disks are simply that, an upgrade disk. It might not let you do a complete install.