PDA

View Full Version : Problem with ICS.

Indybird
02-05-2008, 08:26 PM
Alright so heres my situation:
I've got my PC upstairs (away from the router) connected through a wireless connection. On my PC I have two LAN connections and a wireless card. I just got an Xbox 360 and can only have it in my room. Since I want to play on Xbox Live I hooked up the Xbox 360 to one of my computers LAN ports, and went to Internet Connection Sharing. I checked off the option, clicked OK and heres what I got:
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a29/Indybird/a5cf27cb.jpg

I've searched all over google and tried every single fix that I could find and nothing worked...

Does any one have any idea how to fix this?

Thanks,
Indybird

Luke122
02-05-2008, 08:44 PM
Enable ICS before plugging in the lan cable. Also, make sure that the port isnt set for a static IP. It'll automatically assign an IP to it, and to whatever is plugged into it.

Are you enabling ICS on the LAN connection, or the wireless connection? You have to enable it on the wireless.

Bopher
02-05-2008, 10:20 PM
Double check that you're using a cross over cable. Didn't realize that for 20 minutes on the phone with my brother trying to talk him through ICS with his Original XBox.

Indybird
02-05-2008, 11:20 PM
Thanks for all of the help, but I finally got it working. Apparently I have to have all of my network connections enabled, even the ones I'm not going use for the sharing.

Thanks again,
Indybird

AMD Killa
10-02-2008, 10:37 AM
Thanks for all of the help, but I finally got it working. Apparently I have to have all of my network connections enabled, even the ones I'm not going use for the sharing.

Thanks again,
Indybird

I've had it working with disabled adapters, what version of vista were you using?

crenn
10-02-2008, 04:33 PM
What router are you using?

Also note, if a LAN port is gigabit, doesn't matter what type of cable you use with it.