PDA

View Full Version : $100 MP3 player (5 Gig)

Aero
09-25-2005, 09:10 PM
Its made by Olympus, known for their cameras. 5 gigs, looks like an I-pod, its called M-Robe 100. Heres the link to it. The deal is at Radioshack, $130 - $30 MIR =$100 not bad, and for 5 gig's you can't go wrong. Heres a review I posted at Cnet:

This is a very nice Mp3 player. I like it much better than an I-pod, and its the same size, and way cheaper. I know cnet says its about $150, but I got mine for $100, look around Radio shack has it for $100, and for that price you can't go wrong with it. The only thing I have noticed that isn't all that great is the software, which reminds me of Musicmatch which I didn't like. It is very stylish and is deffinatly trying to compete with Ipod, many of the accesories are white, to remind people of I-pods. The volume could be a little better, but its not bad if you don't use the included head phones which are pretty cheap. I tested it with a pair of Philips HN060 Noise cancleing ear-puds and it is still alittle quiet. The touch screen works about 85% of the time, you may have to tap it a few times, but nothing is perfect. The hold slider on the side is nice, and won't turn off if it gets bumped in your pocket. The menus take some getting used to, but once you understand them, you can find music in about 10-15 seconds.
It has a good assortment of EQ features, which makes up for the lack of custom EQ settings.

Over all this is a nice player. For the money, you really can't do better, I would pay about $175 for this max. But if it had a 10 or 20 gig HDD, and a bit more intuitve menus systme and softwarer, I would easily pay $200 for 10 gigs and about $250 for a 20 gig. Looks like I will add Olympus to my list of "approved" MP3 player companies.

However you can only install it on one computer, if you try to do so on more than one, it will wipe itself clear to disallow "music shareing".