PDA

View Full Version : Firefox is screwey

noopypoop
02-14-2008, 08:50 AM
This is a recent problem ive been having that is really bugging me

Firefox wont allow me to right click or click on any of the "file edit etc"

buttons on the top. It wont let me switch tabs (too eaily) which takes about 10 seconds. Now for some reason firefox is pushing my CPU to 100% load which is way too much. Does anyone know what to do?

silverdemon
02-14-2008, 09:30 AM
hmm, this sounds like a real problem. Do you have a lot of extensions installed? maybe they cause the problem? It could be that you updated to a newer version of Firefox but an extension is not working correctly with the newer version...

An other thing it could be; a virus, try scanning your drive.

hope that helps

NightrainSrt4
02-14-2008, 11:17 AM
Yup, extensions and virus/spyware scanning was my first thoughts as well.

Make sure you do have antivirus/antispyware software. I doubt that you wouldn't have them, but I know too many people that go "ohh, Firefox is way more secure than IE. I don't need any of that". I've been using FF for years, but you bet your bottom I've got protection ;)

slytherock
02-14-2008, 11:21 AM
antivirus/antispyware software are like guns: better have one and not need it then have none and needed one... (same as condoms...)

Prouly stolen from Alien vs Predator :D

noopypoop
02-14-2008, 05:10 PM
Ok NOW this is wierd. I opened firefox, was still at full load and it let me right cliick and stuff, then the load went down, and it wouldnt let me, and now its at full lod again but it wont let me right click. The full load problem might have to do with my computer though, because i tested IE and the load went up. Im gunna try something right now and see if that works.

EDIT: I found out what was happening, for some reason the issue was only when i maximized the window !

/threadlock