PDA

View Full Version : Cooler Master vs Antec

Ap1thy
02-21-2008, 06:24 PM
http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/2258/1111907418ni5.jpg

Ive been in a constant debate with myself about what case to get to replace my old Centurion 5. On one hand this Cavalier 3 is a beautiful stock case with a nice door and plenty of room inside

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/4948/1112903205cq8.jpg

on the other hand, for about the same cost (because it has free shipping) is this Antec, the NSK4480B. Clean and simple and looks like it might lend itself to modding a lot easier than the coolermaster

both would end up getting a side window of sorts, the antec would probably also end up with a redone front end and something on the top (maybe a fan and the switches would be relocated up there)

any thoughts or suggestions?

crenn
02-21-2008, 07:25 PM
I'd recommend you go for the case which suits your needs for space internally.

Eclecticos
02-21-2008, 11:11 PM
Well the Antec is 0.8mm cold-rolled steel construction.
With included 380 Watt PSU.

The Coolermaster is Aluminum Bezel, SECC Chassis No included PSU.
If I had to choose between the two I'd say CoolerMaster.

If I was going to buy another case in the price range it would be a NZXT Alpha.

http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/9775/alphaji7.jpg

si-skyline
02-22-2008, 02:13 AM
second the 3rd xD the second one looks cool but is kinda cheeply made, love that flush front :P

.Maleficus.
02-22-2008, 07:45 AM
CoolerMaster for me. The Cavalier has always been a favorite case for me. Sleek, roomy, reputable manufacturer... Overall nice.

Ap1thy
02-22-2008, 01:37 PM
I was looking at the NZXT for a while, but someone else pointed out that it didnt look as good as in that picture.

I ended up buying neither, I mentioned to my friend I was looking for a new case and what his opinion was and he ended up selling me his Lian-Li PC-7B plus II so he could justify purchasing a Cosmos to his significant other lol.

Thanks for the help, +rep crenn for pointing out something I totally overlooked. That antec would not have fit my 3870 I dont think.

Airbozo
02-22-2008, 01:53 PM
I second/third/fourth the CoolerMaster. I have bought 3 different CoolerMaster cases in the last 6 months (including the CM 690 for myself), and highly recommend them to all...

The Antec? Meh... Some of their cases are ok, some just seem like cheap builds. The P180 seems to suffer from excessive manufacturing defects... (at least the half dozen I have seen).

Airbozo
02-22-2008, 01:56 PM
I was looking at the NZXT for a while, but someone else pointed out that it didnt look as good as in that picture.

I ended up buying neither, I mentioned to my friend I was looking for a new case and what his opinion was and he ended up selling me his Lian-Li PC-7B plus II so he could justify purchasing a Cosmos to his significant other lol.

Thanks for the help, +rep crenn for pointing out something I totally overlooked. That antec would not have fit my 3870 I dont think.

Good find!

Wish my friend would help me justify a Cosmos...

Ap1thy
02-22-2008, 08:42 PM
LOL..

about the antecs I must agree, was at compusa a while back to pick up of all things, a coolermaster mystique because it was cheap. The sales guy tried to talk me into getting the P180 and I went to open the front door and it was made out of plastic. fine on a $40 not a $1** one. From the message that sends abotu cheapness Im not surprised that they have defects