PDA

View Full Version : Windows xp login problem

ahhcrappo
02-22-2008, 05:27 PM
so 2 days ago for some reason my windows xp messed up and for some reason askes me for a password i set my comp up so it doesn't have a password and its justs starts up and loads everything. So if anybody knows how i can fix this problem all the help would be very appreciated.

slytherock
02-22-2008, 05:40 PM
here we go (http://www.irongeek.com/i.php?page=security/localsamcrack2) NOTE: Must be done on YOUR comp!

I can't understand you never had a password. Maybe I'm just a creepy paranoiac, but I think every comp should have a password. I live alone, I'm the only one using my comps(4), and they all have passwords.

Luke122
02-22-2008, 05:43 PM
As mentioned, this information should only be used on your own computer.

Can you boot into safemode? If so, you may have administrator access through safemode, and can access user management from there.

I agree with slytherock.. every computer should have a password. I recommend it to all my clients as well. Not only does it prevent people from accessing the computer physically, but it can deter people from breaking in through network connections (including internet). For most of them, just having a password is enough of a deterrent to make most hackers leave you alone.