PDA

View Full Version : Liquid Cooling Mod

Judgement
09-28-2005, 05:15 AM
I'm fairly new to liquid cooling systems. However I'm curently working on a case mod and a friend gave me a great idea for it. Now I need to find a good liquid cooling system that is easy to mod. Brads and models would be a big help thanks. 8)

GregoryJ
10-04-2005, 11:27 PM
Swiftech H20-220™ (REV. 2) "EXTREME" Series Liquid Cooling Kit for Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU
Model: H20-220-P
price: $175.00
site: performance-pcs.com
its the complete kit

DickNervous
10-05-2005, 10:27 AM
Hehe...

Do you want a complete kit? Or is buying parts that you put together ok? What do you mean by "easy to mod"? How much money are you willing to spend?

I normally wouldn't post a link to another site, but since TBCS has not reviewed many (any?) water cooling, check out GruntvillE.Com (http://gruntville.com) and click on the Reviews button. All the way at the bottom of that list is all the WC reviews we have done over there, most of them by some wacko named DickNervous.

Judgement
10-06-2005, 04:14 AM
Parts are fine and moneys not a big deal id like to keep it under 300 though. The main thing that I mean by moding is I want it to be easly interchangeable. Maily the reservoir cuz that one of the main pices im gona mod. It's kinda risky from what I understand but I'm gona run alot of tests on it. I even dug out my old Socket 370 E-turd to test it on befor hooking it to the main rig. :D

Judgement
10-06-2005, 04:18 AM
Quick question on the side I have heard that there is now liquid cooling for your ram. is this true? how safe is it? and what are some good brands?

GregoryJ
10-06-2005, 05:25 AM
I would say dont bother with ramcooling unless you find that it is becoming a serious issue even after water cooling the cpu. The cpu and gpu, when air cooled, are the main reasons for higher ambient air temps inside the case and around the ram. When you watercool you are no longer transfering that heated air into the rest of the case and you should see lower ambient temps. If the heat is still an issue you can look into a ram cooling fan. some place like Xoxide.com, performance-pcs.com, even newegg.com may have something.

Judgement
10-27-2005, 02:52 AM
Alright I've looked a bit deeper into the water cooling thats to the links and advice I was given and I have a much better idea of what I need for this project.

1. Cooling block for an Athlon 3200XP
2. VGA cooling block for an XFX 6800 Ultra GPU
3. Most important Strong water pump
(Pref internal but xternal is fine as well)
4. Cooling block for NVIDIA nForce2 Ultra 400 chip set

thats about it thanks again for all help and sugestions 8)