PDA

View Full Version : Ahhh!! Bsod Errors With My New Comp!!!

hungry4cheese
03-01-2008, 07:22 PM
HI,
I just built a new system and I have had sooo many problems with freeing and blue screens lately that its not even funny! :( My main problem is the blue screens :eek: . After a while of using the computer it just shuts down and goes to a blue screen that says IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL or something like that. I thought I fixed this but apparently not. Before I had both of my new ram sticks in and then I would blue screen even when trying to boot. I took one of the sticks out and then it worked and started up fine and it seemed like that was the problem. I also ran a memtest on each and reported no problems (I dint run it till it finished but i ran it for a while). But now while I was playing Crysis I blue screened again with only one of my ram sticks. I have vista but I tried to use xp. There I would not get blue screens but there I would just freeze. Just like that. I have 1066 2x2gb g.skill ram sticks and an asus Striker II formula with a Qx9650. I tried changing my ram settings in bios but that didn't help. I also have an 8800 ultra but there is no way that that is causing the problem. I am just so scared of why this is happening because I have had the system for like a week and well just like anyone else... I really don't want any problems. Vista gave me this info inside its error window after it restarted: Problem signature:
Problem Event Name:
BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: a
BCP1: 07AAF56C
BCP2: 0000001B
BCP3: 00000001
BCP4: 820AD9DA
OS Version: 6_0_6000
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini030170-01.dmp
C:\Windows\Temp\WER-32822-0.sysdata.xml
C:\Windows\Temp\WERB26D.tmp.version.txt

Oh and by the way I have gotten errors with different codes after the stop but usually they always start with: Stop: 0x00000000A (I don't know how many zeros there were between the A i just guessed). But yeah I have tried reinstalling my os almost a billion times and that didn't help either. PLS HELP I REALLY WANT MY COMPUTER TO WORK. THANKS ANYONE WHO EVEN TOOK THEIR TIME TO READ THIS!!!
CHEESE!!

hungry4cheese
03-01-2008, 09:25 PM
Hi,
Just got another one with this information: (This happened while playing a video in wmp)
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen

BCCode: c5
BCP1: 053D4D68
BCP2: 00000002
BCP4: 820E7610

C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini030108-01.dmp
C:\Users\Ben Palfi\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-38313-0.sysdata.xml
C:\Users\Ben Palfi\AppData\Local\Temp\WERBD84.tmp.version.txt

This is getting worse... Thanks for all your help... Cheese...

NightrainSrt4
03-01-2008, 09:25 PM
These things can be so hard to do without being there but, what is your power supply, as that is not mentioned?

Make sure all your connections are on. The 4 pin going to the cpu as well as the two for your gpu. Something that is easily missed and can lead to problems. You've already ran memtest and that has come out fine. How long did you run it?

Make sure your heatsink is on properly and there is proper ventilation in the case.

Try unplugging extra things you don't need like dvd drives and such and see if the issue persists.

Just a few things to get you started.

hungry4cheese
03-01-2008, 10:43 PM
These things can be so hard to do without being there but, what is your power supply, as that is not mentioned?

Make sure all your connections are on. The 4 pin going to the cpu as well as the two for your gpu. Something that is easily missed and can lead to problems. You've already ran memtest and that has come out fine. How long did you run it?

Make sure your heatsink is on properly and there is proper ventilation in the case.

Try unplugging extra things you don't need like dvd drives and such and see if the issue persists.

Just a few things to get you started.

Hi, thanks for your reply!
To answer your first question, I have a coolmax Cuq-1350B the 1200Watt version. All connections are plugged including the 4 pin cpu and the two 6 pin for the gpu. I ran memtest for the first 3 tests or pass (I don't remember what it was called.). The heatsink is installed fine because my cpu is running at 24 celsius and my case is around that temperature too. In the front I have an ASUS DRW-2014L1T dvd+-RW and a logisys card reader/fan controller. I have a separate audio card that came with my mobo. The other error I have been having that does not actually lead to a BSOD but it is weird would be when I am playing crysis, the sound would go away and then come back with a very loud 'shhh' sound like a big boom and then the game sound would work. I have also been having a lot of server lag in crysis which my friend who has a computer which is almost as good as mine does not have. Nothing is overclocked at this time so that could not be causing trouble either. I have also gotten sometimes disk read errors where windows said it could not boot... I switched the sata cable and then it worked... then i switched it back and it worked again normally. I will keep you up to date with the error codes that vista provides if I get another BSOD. Hopefully that can tell you something. What I am going to try to do is ask my friend for parts from his computer to test in mine and see when it works and when I get the same errors. Oh and also my hardrive is a Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 rpm with 750gb. Yet only 690 show up for use. Is that normal? Also another thing to know is that I have my video card plugged into the lowest PCI express x16 plug, the one closer to the bottom. The reason for this is that the Thermaltake Armour Jr is a little too short and it would only fit if I put the vid card in the bottom slot. I don't think this makes any difference but it is another thing to consider. Thanks for reading this!!! I really appreciate any help from anyone. Thanks...cheese

doug91
03-02-2008, 12:58 AM
So the first thing I would do is run the Memtest for a LONG time. Although, from what you say the memory isn't the problem. This sounds more like a motherboard problem. The board could be supplying incorrect voltages to the memory, causing your computer to restart.

Also, Try finding those files that Vista says will help "describe" the problem. If they are anything meaningful, please post them.

hungry4cheese
03-02-2008, 12:57 PM
Hi,
I will try to find the files vista said that could help when I get another blue screen when using he OS. There is also something new going on... Yesterday night I put my pc to sleep mode and when I tried to turn it back on it blue screened when trying to resume... I took a picture of the screen before it disappeared.. This one started with 0x00000007f. When I turned the computer on without trying to resume it turned on but now I cant connect to the internet. It constantly says unidentified network and Access: Local Only. Oh and yesterday before i shut it down I lost internet connection to firefox and only explorer worked. Now that does not either. Skype cannot connect so something is very wrong. I did test the internet on my other computers including the one I am writing from right now. Yeah so this is getting very very bad! I can return any part for a replacement but only a few like the memory for a refund. This has to be done in 30 days though so I need to know until then what to replace or whatever the hec is wrong. Also when I tried to resume i think the computer made a weird sound and then reset, then it tried to resume. After it reset the sound was back to normal. It was like a fan was running at the wrong power which makes it have a little high pitched sound. Well anyway.. this sucks a lot... Thanks.. Cheese :dead:

hungry4cheese
03-02-2008, 01:03 PM
Hi,
Just looked for those files. I only found the minidump files and opened with word pad. All they had was a bunch of addresses to drivers and a bunch of weird letters. If you want I can copy it into a message but it will be VERY long. Also I have been having the problem of not being able to open control panel... It opens then closes by itself. Thanks... Cheese *Still Dead*

crenn
03-02-2008, 05:47 PM
What are your system specs? Are you running Vista 64bit?

doug91
03-02-2008, 07:02 PM
Don't worry about the minidump then.. This is quite a wierd problem. Usually a hardware problem does not start causing software problems. It Still sounds like a faulty motherboard or PSU. The motherboard's LAN chip might be failing as well, or the PSU might not be supplying the right amount of power. Do you have another PSU that you can try?

Same thing with memory, do you have other sticks of memory that you can try in this system?

NightrainSrt4
03-02-2008, 07:23 PM
How long did your run memtest? A full pass of all the tests should take like 40 minutes or something, cant really remember. So you let it run for ~2 hours? I would just let it run the whole day or overnight if you can and see what it brings up.

Ditto for trying another power supply. 1200watts is plenty enough power, but that doesn't rule out that it is malfunctioning.

hungry4cheese
03-02-2008, 07:25 PM
Don't worry about the minidump then.. This is quite a wierd problem. Usually a hardware problem does not start causing software problems. It Still sounds like a faulty motherboard or PSU. The motherboard's LAN chip might be failing as well, or the PSU might not be supplying the right amount of power. Do you have another PSU that you can try?

Same thing with memory, do you have other sticks of memory that you can try in this system?

This is another weird thing... Once Windows said there was an error and it could not read from my hdd.... I switched that sata cable to another port and then it worked... then i switched it back and it worked on the same one it didn't work before. Do you think that is a mobo or a psu problem. My psu seems to work fine . Can a mobo be faulty and still work for a while like it would work and then bsod and then work again? The lan notices that it has a cable plugged in it just cant connect. that is weird. I am going to test my ram in one of my friends computers and see what that does. do you think I should test another PSU? thanks... cheese

hungry4cheese
03-02-2008, 09:37 PM
Just got another screen while doing nothing, just letting the computer run for a while.. These are the codes:
IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Problem signature:

BCP1: 07E49864

C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini030208-01.dmp
C:\Users\Ben Palfi\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-66643-0.sysdata.xml
C:\Users\Ben Palfi\AppData\Local\Temp\WER2DE2.tmp.version.txt

Hope this helps.. Cheese

doug91
03-02-2008, 10:58 PM
The IRQL thing usually means a merory error..
But since you are getting all these other problems I'm leaning towards a messed up motherboard. Swap out as many parts as you can ONE AT A TIME. This will help us find out if one hardware piece is faulty.

NightrainSrt4
03-02-2008, 11:12 PM
If you can't get alternate hardware to test, try reformatting the drive (full reformat not quick) and reinstalling windows. I'm apt to think this is a hardware issue and not a software problem, but its easy enough to try. If that isn't an option at least run a chkdsk to check your harddrive for bad sectors and such.

Just spurting out whatever comes to mind.

hungry4cheese
03-02-2008, 11:24 PM
If you can't get alternate hardware to test, try reformatting the drive (full reformat not quick) and reinstalling windows. I'm apt to think this is a hardware issue and not a software problem, but its easy enough to try. If that isn't an option at least run a chkdsk to check your harddrive for bad sectors and such.

Just spurting out whatever comes to mind.

Ive tried reinstalling windows many times. Once I did a slow format and did not help sadly. I have tried windows XP and that froze a LOT. I dont really know why but I do know that it happened when trying to do multiple things at the same time that involved copying something to the hdd but in vista that problem does not show up... It just blue screens at random times... So yeah that is very weird. I dont know what the heck could be causing the problem... My psu seems to work well. My sound works unless I am playing a game and in that case it goes away and comes back with a loud shhh sound. My video card seems to work fine... I ran memtest for a while but will try to run it longer.. Will be updating tomorrow! Thanks everyone.. cheese

NightrainSrt4
03-03-2008, 12:21 AM
Hmmm...You could try running orthos for a few hours. That will help to see if it is perhaps a cpu issue. I doubt it but it could be. Always worth checking everything.

Try removing the sound card that came with the mobo and see if issues persist without it. Just more things to attempt.

Luke122
03-03-2008, 01:16 AM
In the bios, reset everything to factory defaults. Start with the bare minimum hardware to run the machine (mobo, one stick of ram, cpu, cooler, gpu, keyboard, mouse, and hdd).

Start it up, and fire up a surface scan on the hdd. Oh heres a thought.. disable the power management and the screen saver too. I would also disable all the onboard devices on the mobo (sound, nic, modem, whatever).

doug91
03-03-2008, 04:22 PM
In the bios, reset everything to factory defaults. Start with the bare minimum hardware to run the machine (mobo, one stick of ram, cpu, cooler, gpu, keyboard, mouse, and hdd).

Yea that's a good idea. All these different kinds of failure is very puzzling. You could have a leaking or broken capacitor on your board.. although this is a bit extreme. Still doesn't hurt to check your board for bad capacitors. (they'll looked swelled and/or burnt)

hungry4cheese
03-03-2008, 06:29 PM
Hey All,
I just ran memtest for since yesterday night till now and no errors were found so we can probably cross out the memory as a problem. It has no errors so that should not be it. Hmm what else could be causing the problem. I am going to take out my audio card since I have had sound problems while gaming in any game. The sound would go away and come back with a loud booming shh sound. The card could be causing a problem... If i bsod again then that is not the issue. I am going to try to take out parts one by one and see which one could be causing the problem. I will keep updating and hope for the best... So yeah going to pop out the audio card now... Thanks all, cheese.

hungry4cheese
03-03-2008, 07:18 PM
Ok well I took out my sound card and left my computer alone for a while and when I got back it was frozen so I guess it isnt the sound card causing the problem... I will keep testing to see if i actually get a blue screen or not so yeah... thanks, cheese

doug91
03-03-2008, 08:44 PM
I think we should address the BSODs...
They occur when the Kernel cannot recover from an error. The kernel is basically the middleman between hardware and software.
ok So BSODs usually only occur when 1)faulty drivers 2)bad memory 3)corrupt registry 4)incompatible DLLs.

So we have pretty much thoroughly eliminated a meory problem. Three possibilities left
1) Drivers: I would suggest reinstalling all your drivers. Download the newest STABLE copies for all your hardware and install them one at a time Restart your computer after each install and run some sort of stress test for a bit.
2)Registry: There are good, free, legit programs out there that will scan your registry. I don't know any off the top of my head, but download from a legit site like www.zdnet.com this will find any corrupt registry keys
3)DLLs: Lets hope we don't have to look at all these. There are A LOT

hungry4cheese
03-03-2008, 09:41 PM
Hi,
New Update... apparently the audio card might have been causing the problem because now I can connect to the internet... that is weird because i could not before and when I took the card out it connected... I also have no more server lag in crysis. Also my computer hasnt crashed or blue screened and crysis has been running for atleast an hour with no problem. Hopefully this solves my problems... Later on I will try putting back in my other stick of ram if no problems occur and see what happens then. I will also try the registry tests and see if that will find any problems. The drivers I have tested before. One of the things that used to cause problems was the nvgts.sys file but I eliminated that I think... Dont know where to check if I did but now it does not show up in the bsods so I dont think that is the problem. I also decided to not install drivers that vista already downloaded so I did not install most of my drivers. I have not seen any errors reporting problems with dlls so hopefully those arent the problem. Will keep updating. thanks everyone, cheese

hungry4cheese
03-03-2008, 10:26 PM
Ok yeah just about a minute ago my computer crashed. Just crashed. Not blue screened so i dunno. Is there any program that can measure the temperatures of things like the NB and the SB and the vid card? That would be nice cause that might be what is causing these crahses but i dunno. i am going to try to check with Asus probe and see what temperatures it reports after a few hours of gaming. Cheese

hungry4cheese
03-03-2008, 10:31 PM
Vista also failed to read my asus disc.... Im trying to restart it now and hopefully it will read it... This is getting F***ED UP!!! AHHHHH.

hungry4cheese
03-03-2008, 10:32 PM
Oh wow it started reading after a restart... that wasn't weird at all or anything...

hungry4cheese
03-03-2008, 10:35 PM
I don't think its normal if my the fan slot on the back on my GPU burns your finger when you touch it... I also don't think it is normal if the copper cooling part burns you either on the GPU...

hungry4cheese
03-03-2008, 10:39 PM
OK So lots of info from PC PROBE Including temps and voltages. Here is a list. Tell me if anything seems very wrong...

Vcore: 1.22V
+12V: 11.84V
+5V: 5.27V
+3.3V: 3.30V
MEMORY: 1.92V
+1.2V HT: 1.23V
NB: 1.26V
SB: 1.52V
CPU VTT: 1.12V
DDR2 TERM.: 0.96V
CPU PLL: 1.54V
CPU: 25 C
MB: 41 C

I will try to get GPU temp with another program. Get back to u soon, Cheese.

hungry4cheese
03-03-2008, 10:51 PM
OK so according to RivaTuner, The core temperature of my 8800 Ultra is 78 C. I don't know if that is normal. If you need any more information this program has some more clock speed info but don't think that is necessary.

hungry4cheese
03-03-2008, 11:20 PM
OK now its 80C And that is scaring me.... That is only 20 degrees from the melting point... Cheese = scared

crenn
03-03-2008, 11:26 PM
Please don't continusally post. It seems that your sound card is having an IRQ conflict..... take a look at your BIOS settings.

hungry4cheese
03-03-2008, 11:36 PM
Please don't continusally post. It seems that your sound card is having an IRQ conflict..... take a look at your BIOS settings.

Sorry for posing a lot, I am just getting really scared of these problems anywhere. What about the GPU temp. Also why is my computer freezing (not bsoding) even after I took out my audio card. Could the GPU temp or teh voltages be causing this?? Cheese

crenn
03-04-2008, 08:27 AM
It's possible the GPU is running too hot. A google search may result in showing what 'normal' temps for that card is.

Luke122
03-04-2008, 02:42 PM
I would also check to make sure your BIOS is set to "PNP OS = YES".. this can reduce/prevent resource conflicts between devices.

As for the temperature of the GPU, that is really hot. Is the fan spinning on the card? That can definitely crash the machine if the card is overheating. Have you got another video card you can test with? Or is there onboard video on the motherboard?

hungry4cheese
03-04-2008, 03:38 PM
I have a PCI video card... I could test with that. The fan is spinning. I guess having the video card on the bottom of the case prevents it from getting much airflow. I will check the PNP thing in my bios to see what is up with that. Thanks. Cheese

hungry4cheese
03-04-2008, 03:54 PM
Hi everyone. Everytime I try to resume from a hibernation that has been on since overnight, I blue screen. STOP: 0x0000007F (0x00000008, 0x80158000, 0x00000000, 0x00000000) If I delete restoration data then It goes back to normal and boots. I enabled the PNP thing, I also have my sound card out which seemed to stop the random IRQL errors. I am also going to check GPU temp. I just want to know why I BSOD when i resume windows... Thanx. Cheese

Luke122
03-04-2008, 05:10 PM
I've seen some issues with Vista and Hibernation..

Try disabling hibernation, and running a surface scan. Theres a possibility that there is a bad sector in the hiberfil.sys file. If it comes up fine, then re-enable hibernation, and try it again.

Also, why not just disable it complete, and turn it off at night? Then it uses zero power.

doug91
03-04-2008, 05:14 PM
That GPU temperature is not too high. Of course it is hot and burns your finger its at 80 celsius! Is this the idle temperature or load temp? Nvidia cards are rated for upwards of 100 C, and I imagine ATI cards are rated the same.

Think I found your hibernating problem.. I looked up the error code you first posted. The one with an A at the end? and found a code very similar that is related to Vista hibernation. Here's the link: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/942524

hungry4cheese
03-04-2008, 10:17 PM
Hi,
I will try to test that hotfix but for now I have found the best test to see when I BSOD or not. When I run orhtos, after exactly 8 seconds I Blue Screen. No error at the top, just a stop code. Here is the code: STOP: 0x0000007F (0x00000008, 0x834850C0, 0x00000000, 0x00000000) At lest this way I can easily test for which hardware is causing the problem... If this is hardware at all. Also I tried putting back my other RAM stick again to have 4 gigs but Vista froze at logon so I had to take it back out. That has to be one problem that needs solving too. THanks. Cheese

crenn
03-04-2008, 10:28 PM
Have you overclocked your CPU or touched the BIOS settings regarding voltages?

doug91
03-04-2008, 10:37 PM
Ok well 4 gigs of ram won't work 100% unless you have vista 64 bit? do you? Even if you're running 32 bit the mem. shouldn't cause such bad problems.

The weird part of your BSOD error is that it doesn't exist in window's error database. So thats really strange.. I do know that errors with the code 0x0000007F are usually memory/page file errors. The Orthos thing leads me to believe that the memory or memory part of the board is culprit. It's possible under high stress or load the memory can't handle it. Or the board begins to do funny things.

hungry4cheese
03-04-2008, 11:01 PM
Hi,
Just Had the Page file error so I am guessing its probably memory that is faulty. Not sure about that but I am guessing. Here is the Report:

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

Problem signature:

BCCode: 50
BCP1: FABDF608
BCP2: 00000001
BCP3: 820B9E9A
BCP4: 00000002

C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini030408-01.dmp
C:\Users\Ben Palfi\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-42307-0.sysdata.xml
C:\Users\Ben Palfi\AppData\Local\Temp\WERD4CB.tmp.version.txt

I hope this means memory because that is easy replacement. I hope to hear from you all soon, Cheese

Luke122
03-05-2008, 12:38 AM
This still makes me suspect a bad sector on the hard drive (not a serious problem really..). Have you tried turning off system restore and/or the page file on the hdd?

hungry4cheese
03-05-2008, 01:03 AM
I will try that tomorrow and will let the computer stay on tonight to see if it crashes. Thanks for a reply, cheeese

doug91
03-05-2008, 08:38 AM
Turning off page file isn't a great idea. Your system performance will plummet.. but yea could be bad sector. Use the windows utility to scan your HDD for a bad sector. Anyway's that error doesn't necessarily mean the page file is bad. If I'm looking at it right, the message just means that the computer went looking for the page file in the wrong place.

hungry4cheese
03-05-2008, 07:23 PM
Hi,
Ok this is the news. I tried switching with my friends ram and the computer blue screened as usual. THis means that ram is working fine. It has to be the motherboard then... I guess that is what I will return and get replaced... Is there a program to test your motherboard for normal functiononing or maybe a stress test for the mobo. It definetely has something to do with the part that controls the ram and the LAN and the AUDIO.... These seem to be the problems. I will try to run a hdd test as soon as possible and bring news. Thanks, Cheese

doug91
03-05-2008, 07:40 PM
oh that stinks. Yea do that HDD test before you do any returning of merchandise. Also, you could try a BIOS flash/update. That might fix things maybe.

hungry4cheese
03-06-2008, 03:39 PM
Hi,
I ran a Generic HDD test through the utility that was provided by seagate in windows and everytime i run it, I Blue screen with this code:

Problem signature:

BCP1: 03730D3C

C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini030608-01.dmp
C:\Users\Ben Palfi\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-10402692-0.sysdata.xml
C:\Users\Ben Palfi\AppData\Local\Temp\WEREFCD.tmp.version.txt

Does this mean that my HDD is causing the problem. I am going to try to run the DOS version of the tester that way i can finish the test and not bsod hopefully. That way we can possibly see what the problem is. Get back with news Later. Thanks everyone, cheese

doug91
03-06-2008, 04:26 PM
Could still be anything attached to the motherboard. This is what I want you to do please:
Every time Windows bluescreens or encounters an error it writes a system event code 1001 or 1003. Also it saves a minidump.

Go Control Panel -> Administrative tools -> event viewer -> system
look for events with error code 1001/1003. Copy and paste the content here. Also if you can, zip up a few of those minidump files for me to look at.

hungry4cheese
03-06-2008, 05:45 PM
Here is one with the 1001 code under system:

Log Name: System
Source: Microsoft-Windows-WER-SystemErrorReporting
Date: 3/6/2008 11:41:56 AM
Event ID: 1001
Task Category: None
Level: Information
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: BenPalfi-PC
Description:
The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000000a (0x03730d3c, 0x0000001b, 0x00000001, 0x820ad9da). A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP.
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-WER-SystemErrorReporting" Guid="{ABCE23E7-DE45-4366-8631-84FA6C525952}" EventSourceName="BugCheck" />
<EventID Qualifiers="16384">1001</EventID>
<Version>0</Version>
<Level>4</Level>
<Task>0</Task>
<Opcode>0</Opcode>
<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2008-03-06T16:41:56.000Z" />
<EventRecordID>12553</EventRecordID>
<Correlation />
<Execution ProcessID="0" ThreadID="0" />
<Channel>System</Channel>
<Computer>BenPalfi-PC</Computer>
<Security />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data Name="param1">0x0000000a (0x03730d3c, 0x0000001b, 0x00000001, 0x820ad9da)</Data>
<Data Name="param2">C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>

HERE IS A 1003 ONE:

Source: Microsoft-Windows-Dhcp-Client
Date: 3/1/2008 6:11:50 PM
Event ID: 1003
Level: Warning
Computer: BenPalfi-PC
Description:
Your computer was not able to renew its address from the network (from the DHCP Server) for the Network Card with network address 001E8C938876. The following error occurred:
The semaphore timeout period has expired.. Your computer will continue to try and obtain an address on its own from the network address (DHCP) server.
Event Xml:
<System>
<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Dhcp-Client" Guid="{15A7A4F8-0072-4EAB-ABAD-F98A4D666AED}" EventSourceName="Dhcp" />
<EventID Qualifiers="0">1003</EventID>
<Version>0</Version>
<Level>3</Level>
<Task>0</Task>
<Opcode>0</Opcode>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2008-03-01T23:11:50.000Z" />
<EventRecordID>10566</EventRecordID>
<Correlation />
<Computer>BenPalfi-PC</Computer>
<Security />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data>001E8C938876</Data>
<Data>%%121</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>

OK HERE IS ANOTHER:

Source: Microsoft-Windows-WER-SystemErrorReporting
Date: 3/4/2008 9:52:37 PM
Event ID: 1001
Level: Information
Computer: BENPALFI-PC
Description:
The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000050 (0xfabdf608, 0x00000001, 0x820b9e9a, 0x00000002). A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP.
Event Xml:
<System>
<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-WER-SystemErrorReporting" Guid="{ABCE23E7-DE45-4366-8631-84FA6C525952}" EventSourceName="BugCheck" />
<EventID Qualifiers="16384">1001</EventID>
<Version>0</Version>
<Level>4</Level>
<Task>0</Task>
<Opcode>0</Opcode>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2008-03-05T02:52:37.000Z" />
<EventRecordID>12246</EventRecordID>
<Correlation />
<Computer>BENPALFI-PC</Computer>
<Security />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data Name="param1">0x00000050 (0xfabdf608, 0x00000001, 0x820b9e9a, 0x00000002)</Data>
<Data Name="param2">C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>

I Have like 10 of these each so if you need more info please just ask!! :)

I Will try to zip up a minidump file too. THANKS A LOT FOR HELPING!!! Cheese

hungry4cheese
03-06-2008, 05:48 PM
I don't know how to upload a file to the forum so if you still want them (I zipped all of them -- like 10) Tell me how to upload and I will... THanks Cheese

doug91
03-06-2008, 06:10 PM
I have no idea how to upload files onto this blog. It might not be allowed, does anyone know? If its not allowed you could e-mail me the dump files. Those can give a lot of insight.
It seems to do with drivers accessing incorrect memory addresses.

My email: justjewit101591@aim.com

hungry4cheese
03-06-2008, 07:25 PM
Hi, I just sent you them in an email. Thanks, cheese

doug91
03-06-2008, 09:03 PM
Yea thanks got it, and I have found the source of all your troubles. That is I think I found the problems. Looking at the dump files your problem is with drivers. The drivers are incompatible or corrupt and are looking up incorrect memory addresses. From what I gather, the driver at fault are your Nvidia drivers.. Does your motherboard run off of an Nvidia chipset?

The specific driver I think is the Nvidia SATA controller. This would explain why your computer BSODs when the hard drive comes into play. Stressing the computer would cause it to crash since the computer has to access it more often as time goes on. Waking it up from hibernation causes the computer to wake up the HDD and access lots of data. I'd recommend first downloading the newest version of any and all Nvidia drivers. Completely uninstall the ones you have, then install the new ones. This will hopefully fix things.

hungry4cheese
03-11-2008, 08:15 PM
Hi,
Sorry to be getting back so late, I did not have much time to work on my computer. I have tried updating the drivers and that did not help at all. Same BSODs and actually I have gotten a new problem as well after I updated. Sometimes my computer boots into a black background and the classic windows theme and says that it failed to load personal settings or something like that. This happens almost every second boot. Also I have put my audio card back and I now constantly lose internet after rebooting. To solve this problem, I have found that pressing the clear CMOS button in the back brings the internet connectivity back. Before this I had to take out the card and put it back in so this is definitely easier. So yeah I am stuck here again and need help because anything I need to RMA needs to be done this week otherwise my stuff cant be replaced. Actually as I just checked, I think that my mobo cannot be returned. I bought it on 1/29/08 and its been over 30 days. CRAP! Unless I can go through ASUS themselves then I am screwed if that is the problem.

doug91
03-11-2008, 08:48 PM
Sorry, I sort of sent you on a wild goose chase. Although it is a driver fault. Your error has to do with a windows driver.
It seems that ntkrpamp.exe is causing your crash. Three possiblities:
1) bad RAM. you pretty much ruled this out
2) bad page file.
3) ntkrpamp is corrupt

It's easy to check your drivers like so:
Click start->run and type sfc /scannow
this will look for and replace bad/misssing OS files.
You will need your CD for this..

If it doesn't find errors we can check your page file next.

Spawn-Inc
03-11-2008, 10:18 PM
All connections are plugged including the 4 pin cpu and the two 6 pin for the gpu.

not sure if you are still having problems or if it was fixed (never read the thread). i am also unsure if the above was a typo but you should have a 8 pin connector for the cpu for quads, make sure thats plugged in and not the 4 pin one.

crenn
03-12-2008, 04:49 PM
You don't need 8 pin for quads, I know ;)

NightrainSrt4
03-12-2008, 09:39 PM
You don't need 8 pin for quads, I know ;)

Well I don't know if it needs it as I don't have the board but the Striker II's do have the 8 pin connector instead of the regular 4. Most new psu's have 2 4 pin's so that you can plug both in.

Again, not sure how it would run without the second, but the board does have the 8 pin so I would assume it would want both, even if just for overclocking purposes.

But I don't think thats his issue though.

doug91
03-12-2008, 10:02 PM
Doubt that is the issue. If not enough power was being supplied, then the computer would not have started at all. It's got to do with that file I posted about above. ^

oursgarou
04-02-2008, 07:35 AM
I think I know what may be going on here.

I own a P5N32-E SLI Plus board as well. I upgraded the firmware to 1002 to address some quirky problem with iTunes sync'ing to my Touch over USB (didn't help -- files still randomly corrupt under Vista 64-bit, but that's beside the point). However....

After I upgraded my firmware, I discovered that "sleep mode" would cripple both my onboard NICs. When I booted into my Linux partition, the NICs would still be unusable, which pointed to a hardware problem rather than a simple driver issue.

Upon further experimentation and research, I determined that I could fix the issue by resetting the CMOS (see user manual for which pins to short -- it's under the MB jumper section). But no matter how many times I reset the CMOS, Windows Vista 64's "sleep mode" would always re-corrupt the CMOS in such a way that the NICs would go dead again. This sounds very similar to your problem.

So what's the fix?

First, I don't trust any onboard device that can be corrupted so easily, so I shelled out $29 for a more reliable Netgear NIC. It takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin' regardless of the BIOS/CMOS state. However, even after disabling the NICs in the BIOS and switching to the card, "sleep mode" would cause lockups with my USB keyboard and mouse.

Next, I went into the BIOS and switched the acceptable sleep modes to just "S3," and not to "S1 & S3." The "S1" sleep mode isn't compatible with some newer systems, and I'm guessing the 1002 firmware upgrade has pushed me into that realm. I've run some tests, and I can now put the system into "sleep mode" with no further issues... for now. I'd really like to see ASUS address this problem as it's a show-stopper in my mind. I'm sure Vista carries some of the blame for how it goes into "sleep mode," though.

Hope this helps. It's possible for your hardware to be functioning fine and still be the cause of the problem. ;-)

doug91
04-02-2008, 06:01 PM
huh good idea, its something to check out. Did you blue-screen also?

hungry4cheese
04-12-2008, 09:10 PM
Hi,
Thanks for everyones reply!! I think I have figured out what is wrong. I heard that IRQ's might be causing the problem so I went to check it out and I noticed that a lot of the devices that were causing trouble were sharing the same IRQ. I wanted to change that but when I got to the part where I had to disable the automatic thing, the check box was grayed out. Ha?? Now what. This might solve all of the problems BUT I cant fix it? Help me out pls. Cheese!

doug91
04-12-2008, 11:13 PM
Like I said before one of your issues lies with the ntkrpamp.exe file. It is an operating system file. Scan your OS to see if the file is corrupt:

Click start->run and type sfc /scannow
this will look for and replace bad/misssing OS files.
You will need your CD for this..

hungry4cheese
04-13-2008, 12:06 AM
Hi,
I tried running the test but when it gets to 90 something percent of the verification process, it exits and then nothing happens. I don't know what the test would find as errors because it exits before it even gets to the testing part. If it finished then would this allow me to change the IRQs or would it just fix it? Thanks. Get back to you tomorrow. Cheese!

doug91
04-13-2008, 10:41 AM
Ok I looked at your minidump files again and they all point to corrupted driver files. Vista has a built in verifier for drivers, this one has a graphical interface!
1)Click the windows logo/start button/whatever you call it
2)In the search bar type verifier.exe, hit enter
3)Select create standard settings, and press next
4)Select Automatically select unsigned drivers
5)click next, Windows will then tell you to restart.

Restart Vista, and you will most likely get a STOP error. Don't pay attention to the code it gives. Look at the driver file that the STOP screen provides. Write it down post it here.

If you do not get a STOP error, then that means that there are no bad driver files.

hungry4cheese
04-13-2008, 12:32 PM
Hi,
I just tried booting in safe mode and it froze on some random driver. THen it recommended repairing with the disk so I am doing that now. I will get back to you when it finishes and tell you it this helped anything. Thanks

hungry4cheese
04-13-2008, 01:09 PM
Hi,
This did not fix anything. Under a stress test it still crashes just like before but no BSOD. Just a crash. I still think its the IRQ... Any ideas? Thanks!

doug91
04-13-2008, 02:25 PM
So you repaired the OS and it still crashes?
hmm it seems like the IRQ but there is over 100 IRQ channels..
In the search bar on the start menu type MSINFO32
Expand Hardware Resources->IRQs
Check to make sure the status of them all are OK.

Also, are you using the onboard network controller or a NIC?
NICs do not like sharing IRQ channels that could be causing the problem.

hungry4cheese
04-14-2008, 09:25 PM
Hi,
I typed this and everything seems to be ok... There are several devices sharing the same channels though. Here is a list of what was in conflicts/sharing:

I/O Port 0x00000000-0x00000CF7 PCI bus
I/O Port 0x00000000-0x00000CF7 Direct memory access controller

I/O Port 0x000003C0-0x000003DF PCI standard PCI-to-PCI bridge
I/O Port 0x000003C0-0x000003DF NVIDIA GeForce 8800 Ultra

IRQ 21 Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller
IRQ 21 NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller #2

IRQ 22 Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller
IRQ 22 NVIDIA nForce 590/570/550 Serial ATA Controller
IRQ 22 NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller

Memory Address 0xE8000000-0xEDFFFFFF PCI standard PCI-to-PCI bridge
Memory Address 0xE8000000-0xEDFFFFFF NVIDIA GeForce 8800 Ultra

IRQ 23 NVIDIA nForce 590/570/550 Serial ATA Controller
IRQ 23 High Definition Audio Controller

Memory Address 0xFEFF0000-0xFEFF03FF High precision event timer
Memory Address 0xFEFF0000-0xFEFF03FF System board
Memory Address 0xFEFF0000-0xFEFF03FF System board

Memory Address 0xC0000000-0xDFFFFFFF PCI standard PCI-to-PCI bridge
Memory Address 0xC0000000-0xDFFFFFFF NVIDIA GeForce 8800 Ultra

Memory Address 0xA0000-0xBFFFF PCI bus
Memory Address 0xA0000-0xBFFFF PCI standard PCI-to-PCI bridge
Memory Address 0xA0000-0xBFFFF NVIDIA GeForce 8800 Ultra

I/O Port 0x000003B0-0x000003BB PCI standard PCI-to-PCI bridge
I/O Port 0x000003B0-0x000003BB NVIDIA GeForce 8800 Ultra

I/O Port 0x0000C000-0x0000DFFF PCI standard PCI-to-PCI bridge

This shows the things that are sharing a channel and maybe some conflicts... i dunno. Thanks for your help! Cheese

doug91
04-15-2008, 06:15 PM
That is more or less the standard Vista configuration. You are accessing the internet over a wireless network? If so are you using a USB adapter?

To go over your symptoms again, are you still experiencing BSODs?
If your system is not crashing, describe it in detail. When? What is affected? Do you get messages?

hungry4cheese
04-15-2008, 10:22 PM
Hi,
I am not using a usb adapter. I use an ethernet cable in one of the two slots in the back. For the moment I have not had any BSODs. Only constant crashes. Leaving the system idle for a long time can cause a crash. Running a stress test on cpu or memory always causes a crash. Internet does not always connect. Sound in games messes up sometimes. Cannot have both sticks of memory in at same time or vista will crash during boot. Bios notices the ram and seems to work with it fine. This is all I know off the top of my head. Thanks, Cheese.

doug91
04-16-2008, 05:26 PM
More specific please:
Does the entire OS crash (can't move mouse, click, type, completely frozen)
OR
Software crash (you can fix it by opening task manager and ending the program)

hungry4cheese
04-16-2008, 06:08 PM
Hi,
The Entire OS crashes.. HDD light stuck to on or off. No mouse, no keyboard. Then I have to reset or hold the on button. I've tried both options. Thanks, Cheese!

doug91
04-16-2008, 06:28 PM
hmm well IF it is an IRQ problem, it is definately driver related. Hardware IRQ problems can usually be fixed by switching PCI slots, but you do not have any PCI cards right?

It seems like you have some hardware/drivers that are vista incompatible or are just corrupt. Have you tried inserting the Vista disk and trying to repair the OS?

hungry4cheese
04-16-2008, 08:29 PM
Hi,
I have tried repairing vista with the OS disk... nothing happened. I have tried taking the system back in time... nothing was fixed. I do not have any pci cards in at this time. Only express cards. Every driver is supposed to be vista compatible, but as I have said before... I have tested with windows xp as well and was crashing there too when trying to copy to the hdd or putting system under stress. Now I am dying........ I JUST GOT ASSASINS CREED AND MY SYSTEM CRASHES DURING THE LOADING VIDEO!!!!!!!! This happens every time and then its reset switch pressing time... I just had to switch my ram sticks because the system would freeze with the other stick in during bios. This happened after the first crash with assassins creed. Now that I switched the sticks it booted... Only to crash again when loading into the game... *CRYING*. A crying cheese thanks all of you for your help!! PS. I just tried launching the vista disk to try to repair again except this time with both of my ram sticks in. It crashed during the black loading vista screen...

hungry4cheese
04-16-2008, 09:26 PM
Hi,
I have just killed my vista probably... I can no longer boot. I get BSODs everytime. Once it said that fltmgr.sys is screwey. I tried to boot again and got another BSOD this time with just a stop code. Then I tried to launch my Vista DVD to repair and got another BSOD with this info which kind of scares me. It says that: The BIOS in this system is not fully ACPI compliant.

STOP: 0x000000A5 (0x00000011, 0x00000006, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

Thanks, Cheese!

To add to this post... I am in bios changing my memory speed settings to the correct speed and just noticed that MY BIOS IS DYING. By this I am saying that the right side bracket is blinking like a maniac and when I change the memory clock mode to unlinked, the FSB - Memory ratio blinks a few and then comes on with auto... (I only have one stick in) Also when I try to enter a number to change the memory speed, the current number I just pressed enters into the box and other numbers don't. Oh.. what do you know it just started working fine again... The FSB Memory ration box is still kinda screwey but besides that the numbers can be entered. I am trying to boot windows normally, BUT everytime it gets to the black loading vista screen, the computer just restarts. When trying to get into safemode, it crashes on a driver something like crcdisk or close to that then BSODs with the code 0x0000007E and then a bunch of crazy numbers. I am going to try to reset my bios now... WHAT A MIRACLE! I booted into vista with the same old crashing under stress... Well this is just an update of how my ******* computer is doing. Thanks for all of your help! Cheese!

doug91
04-16-2008, 09:33 PM
Edit: Try updating your BIOS, the motherboard comes with a program that makes it very easy to do. That may solve your problems.

IF IT STILL IS BUGGY: Go control panel->System Maintenance-> view event logs
see if there are any events listed under critical. If there are post some up here.
You can also look through Error category and post the ones that are dated around the same time that Vista crashes

hungry4cheese
04-17-2008, 07:52 PM
Hi,
Yes I have updated the BIOS a while ago it did not fix anything... I am going to try to update some other drivers to see if that fixes anything and look at the event logs. Thanks

hungry4cheese
04-18-2008, 08:28 PM
Hi, Safemode is where the computer actually can run for quite a while when it is idle.... When it is not... it crashes. After two minutes and 55 seconds of running orthos.... THe computer crashes compeltely. Thanks.... Cheese

doug91
04-18-2008, 10:36 PM
Do you have ASUS probe installed? You might have already checked this, but its worthwile to make sure your CPU temp isn't causing the computer to shut down when you are stressing it.

Otherwise, is it possible for you to try XP on this machine?

hungry4cheese
04-28-2008, 09:55 PM
Hi,
Sorry for not getting back to you. CPU temp is not a problem. My zalman fan keeps it around 30 degrees which is pretty good. It never overheats. I have tried XP with the computer a while back. The computer kept crashing on XP too. Also even if it worked with xp, i would not want a computer that could not run Vista even though it is supposed to be able to do it. Thanks!! Cheese

doug91
05-01-2008, 03:57 PM
If you haven't already,
re-seat EVERY cable and component in your computer
SATA
IDE
Memory
GFX Card
Any other cards

the CPU doesn't have to be reseated unless you want to be really thorough, if that was not fully seated your computer wouldn't start.

bkjanik
05-05-2008, 03:08 AM
Hi, I ran into this forum on a Google search and it sounds like this new build has been a total nightmare. I Just got through building a new computer and was having a very similar problem. I put 2 known good sticks of pc3200 ram in and the computer would not boot and I could not install windows. I took one stick in and it booted and Windows XP installed without errors. However, once I started using the computer I started getting random blue screens. After some frustrating attempts at changing drivers, I tested my memory and the memory tested good with memtest. Finally, I did a little research on my motherboard. Apparently a lot of people are having trouble getting pc3200 ram to work properly in it despite the fact that the manual says it can take pc3200 ram. They solved the problem by switching to pc2700 ram or underclocking the ram in bios. I changed the frequency setting from by SPD to 166, effectively turning my ram into pc2700 ram. So far I haven’t received any new blue screen errors. Perhaps if you underclock your ram you will have similar results. If this doesn’t fix all of the problems, you might try a clean install of vista with the Underclocked Ram since you may have done some damage to Vista with all of your messing around with drivers. Anyways, I hope this helps. I feel for you. --BJ