PDA

View Full Version : Thermaltake Ruby Orb

Vertigo
03-01-2008, 08:13 PM
Yes, RUBY Orb not the blue ones ... srsly why are manufacturers putting out every part imaginable in blue, and none in other colors?[/rant]

Anyhow, I'm looking for a pair of Ruby Orbs, anyone know where to find em besides eBay? Usual sources have proved fruitless.

Zephik
03-01-2008, 09:07 PM
Thats kind of funny, I was just looking at the TT Orb series yesterday, but couldn't find the Ruby Orb at newegg.com anymore. I guess its been replaced with the MaxOrb? Here (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Productcompare.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=40000574&Description=Thermaltake&CompareItemList=N82E16835106062%2CN82E16835106069% 2CN82E16835106103&page=2&bop=And) is a comparison page of the current Orbs that Newegg offers.

Here is the Ruby Orb (http://www.xoxide.com/thermatake-ruby-orb-hsf.html) @ Xoxide.com

I haven't owned the Ruby before, but I have owned a Blue Orb and it works fantastic. With stock cooling, if I were to touch the heatsink it would of been pretty hot, enough to make me quickly pull back from touching it. But once I installed the Blue Orb it wasn't even slightly warm. It was cool to the touch. That was with a LGA775 Pentium 4 @ 2.8GHz.

I'm sure you already know, but just in case you don't, you should know that the Blue Orb as well as the Ruby (probably the Max as well) are HUGE. Its funny how everyone tells you how large they are and you kind of expect it because of that, but once you get it the size still surprises you. I guess thats why even after leaving my pc on for days on end it would still always be cool to the touch.

Vertigo
03-02-2008, 08:09 PM
Ah, you're a saint ... I need several of these and was starting to get a little annoyed lol.

Ap1thy
03-02-2008, 09:21 PM
coolz, i might pick one up for my computer, nice noise levels compared to zalmans red led offerings

Zephik
03-03-2008, 04:52 AM
coolz, i might pick one up for my computer, nice noise levels compared to zalmans red led offerings

Yea for sure. When I received and installed my TT Blue Orb II, I wasn't sure if it was working right because I couldn't hear a thing. Heck, my hard drive at the time (320GB Seagate) was louder than the Blue Orb II, it made me want to scratch out "Blue Orb" and write in "Silent Orb". :p

Ap1thy
03-03-2008, 09:31 PM
lol, probably a much needed improvement from my noisy hyper-tx then

performance-pcs has them too if xoxide runs out