PDA

View Full Version : Firefox issues

Bopher
03-13-2008, 01:02 AM
I was looking around and didn't see anything on this issue. I have Firefox installed on my desktop and never had problems. Now when I tried to reinstall it on my laptop it always gives me a "file is corrupt" error. No I have tried downloading from Mozilla, Download.com and downloaded it again from both locations on my desktop to a USB key and had the same error everytime. Any ideas out there. I do not like IE, but my laptop has been giving me issues in the past couple days and its getting really annoying.

Enigma
03-13-2008, 07:36 AM
Maybe it's your USB key that is corrupt in some way ?
Excuse me for asking but did you try DL Firefox directly to your Laptop ?
Does it say specify what file that is corrupt ?

Look in to this if will, you've probably tried it allready but just in case !!!
http://support.mozilla.com/sv-SE/kb/Firefox+will+not+start
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Category:Issues_%28Firefox%29

Im just grasping for straws here, kinda wierd problem !!!

Needsleep
03-13-2008, 07:56 AM
you're trying to "reinstall" on your laptop...

know it's kinda teaching gramma to suck eggs but have you tried making sure the old install is completely cleared out 1st? (Registry/make sure folders gone from program files etc etc)

that would be my 1st port of call.

windows has a lotta fun when both IE and Firefox are on a pc, making changes to the registry about what programs uses which to run, it kinda ties itself up in knots a lil sometimes.

Bopher
03-13-2008, 11:04 PM
*Enigma* I have tried downloading at installing directly on the laptop, same issues.
*NeedSleep* I know sometimes it was an issues having both but before it work without an issue.

Everything has just started happening since i repartitioned, and formatted because of invalid file issues in windows. So everything is happening in a completely clean install from Windows on up. Please keep the suggestions coming. I like having my laptop for work and play when I'm on the road so any help is appreciated.

Also, if anyones thinking HD please don't. I really want to get a bigger HD for my gaming rig and don't want to have to drop that to get a new laptop HD, but if I must I must I suppose.

Lord Ned
03-16-2008, 08:42 PM
Have you tried the Beta?

Bopher
03-17-2008, 02:35 PM
Haven't tied the beta. Seems to be working now. But I am constantly getting BSOD from the laptop if it stays on too long. Usually it gives some info but then says memory dump at the end. I'm starting to think maybe my ram is going down the drain.

Fans are running like they should and the CPU is giving me 34-36C The GPU feels cooler since I replaced a little thermal "pad" yesterday with artic silver, but the front edge of the screen near the center bottom on the case feels very warm for some reason.